Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: What would you do if....

  1. #1
    Senior Member eesquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    455

    What would you do if....

    I saw a fundamentalist Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River this morning; he was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.

    Along with him was an illegal Hispanic drug cartel member who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back.

    If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

    Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff 's Office and Homeland Security.

    It is now 4pm, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded.

    I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.

  2. #2
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,730
    Too bad he didn't have The Chimp riding on his back when he went down...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    it takes a special person...

    E2 (is there a superscript button??)

    Fun-ny... and you drive an el camino??

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    256

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by nigh_eve View Post
    E2 (is there a superscript button??)

    Fun-ny... and you drive an el camino??

    e then ALT+253

    There might also be a way to do this through unicode fonts.

    e², I am glad you are
    "a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress"
    . Without responsible citizens we would be poorer as a society.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

    'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

    What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

  5. #5
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    I saw a fundamentalist Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River this morning; he was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.

    Along with him was an illegal Hispanic drug cartel member who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back.

    If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

    Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff 's Office and Homeland Security.

    It is now 4pm, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded.

    I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.
    Ah, Erin, I feel your pain. It is sad when someone does the right thing and those in authority fail to respond in time. I do hope that you remembered to use 'second class delivery' stamps (assuming your postal system is similar to ours with 'First' and 'Second' classes of post) which will have mitigated your loss somewhat.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  6. #6
    Senior Member eesquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    455
    LOL - yes, and it was actually Hecho en Mexico!

  7. #7
    Senior Member eesquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    455
    Ken,

    But of course! Have you seen the price of postage lately?

  8. #8
    Senior Member eesquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by nigh_eve View Post
    E2 (is there a superscript button??)

    Fun-ny... and you drive an el camino??
    Not on this site, there's not.

  9. #9
    Senior Member eesquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post

    e then ALT+253

    There might also be a way to do this through unicode fonts.

    e², I am glad you are
    "a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress"
    . Without responsible citizens we would be poorer as a society.
    trying that.....

    e

  10. #10
    Senior Member eesquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    trying that.....

    e
    didn't work. I'll play around with it some more....I need to update my profile anyway and add some pics for y'all to see.

  11. #11
    Senior Member grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    I saw a fundamentalist Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River this morning; he was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.

    Along with him was an illegal Hispanic drug cartel member who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back.

    If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

    Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff 's Office and Homeland Security.

    It is now 4pm, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded.

    I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.

    Hmmmm......and you say I should quit thinking. I happen to like thinking and have no desire to enter politics.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

    Text if you want to meet him.

  12. #12
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    didn't work. I'll play around with it some more....I need to update my profile anyway and add some pics for y'all to see.
    The BB code for superscript would be E2, it doesn't seem to work (In preview) so I guess the code for superscript is not activated for our site - Dom, anything you can do?

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  13. #13
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,730
    Funny - but, I'm tired of the Muslim bogeymanning.

    Yes, I know. 9/11. 9/11...

    But the fact is that while the Abdullahs killed a few thousand people, they didn't take away our freedom - the (note: not "our") government did.

    I fear the government a lot more than I do the Abdullahs.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    256

    Thumbs up How to type e²

    Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    trying that.....

    e
    I will write the steps one by one.

    1. Type e
    2. hold down the [ALT] button. (Usually located next to space bar.)
    3. With the number pad on right (while [ALT] button still pressed down.) type 253. (Do not use the numbers at the top of the keyboard. They do not work for some reason.)
    You should get .
    I hope this does not come off as too obnoxiuos.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

    'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

    What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

  15. #15
    Senior Member Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    256

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Funny - but, I'm tired of the Muslim bogeymanning.

    Yes, I know. 9/11. 9/11...

    But the fact is that while the Abdullahs killed a few thousand people, they didn't take away our freedom - the (note: not "our") government did.

    I fear the government a lot more than I do the Abdullahs.
    Gov't has more power here than the Abdullahs. They can cause more trouble and mayhem here. All in the name of safety, the children or any other plausible sounding excuse.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

    'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

    What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

  16. #16
    Senior Member eesquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    455
    I'm not tired of it. I'm equally biased against everybody.

  17. #17
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I will write the steps one by one.

    1. Type e
    2. hold down the [ALT] button. (Usually located next to space bar.)
    3. With the number pad on right (while [ALT] button still pressed down.) type 253. (Do not use the numbers at the top of the keyboard. They do not work for some reason.)
    You should get .
    I hope this does not come off as too obnoxiuos.
    E², exactly as you say, the alternate character set seems to work but the BB Code (despite the fact that this site is BB enabled) doesn't. Nothing from Dom as yet.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •