Thread: Earthquake likely kills Ridgeline

Earthquake likely kills Ridgeline

As much as I like my truck, I realize that it hasn't been a top seller for Honda, but they said that as long as they had excess production capacity they'd keep producing it.

But with the disruption in Honda's supply lines from the Japanese earthquake & tsunami, it appears that once production resumes, the Alabama plant will be running full speed producing other (better-selling) models in order to satisfy pent-up demand. No Ridgelines will likely be made during this time period.

Rumors are that the design for it's replacement is pretty much done, but the already low sales numbers, after being decimated by the shift in production priorities, will likely mean that it will never sees the light of day.

If only they had done some advertising for it. It's all been word-of-mouth from existing owners.

Chip H.

Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    As much as I like my truck, I realize that it hasn't been a top seller for Honda, but they said that as long as they had excess production capacity they'd keep producing it.

But with the disruption in Honda's supply lines from the Japanese earthquake & tsunami, it appears that once production resumes, the Alabama plant will be running full speed producing other (better-selling) models in order to satisfy pent-up demand. No Ridgelines will likely be made during this time period.

Rumors are that the design for it's replacement is pretty much done, but the already low sales numbers, after being decimated by the shift in production priorities, will likely mean that it will never sees the light of day.

If only they had done some advertising for it. It's all been word-of-mouth from existing owners.

Chip H.
    Perhaps there is a stock supply somewhere and some smart entrepreneur will bag it and start an e-business selling replacement parts for the Ridgeline...and maybe other Honda vehicles?

just a thought~

I don't think there will be a problem finding parts for the next 8-10 years. Or at least, major parts. Trim & interior pieces are likely the first ones to vanish from the Honda part system. Aftermarket accessories were never plentiful, but are likely to vanish very soon.

Chip H.