Thread: NY's Schumer Proposes Federal Collector Car Tax

Angry NY's Schumer Proposes Federal Collector Car Tax

This is incredible. The bozo congressman blatantly states that they "...must seek new sources of revenue..." and calls classic car enthusiasts tax cheats. It's true. Read it here:

http://www.saac.com/files/newsletter...s-04-01-11.pdf

Post Cut spending and waste. (spend less than your income)

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    This is incredible. The bozo congressman blatantly states that they "...must seek new sources of revenue..." and calls classic car enthusiasts tax cheats. It's true. Read it here:

If really interested in reducing federal deficit, then bring all the troops home.

Three wars and military bases (presence) in over 100 nations is expensive. I have heard estimates of $1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion USD) per year to maintain the war effort and military presence around the world.

================================================== =======

I think that in many cases these collectible cars have already been taxed through the years.
    ================================================== ==
    Remember: One of the most dangerous places in America is between "Chucky Cheese" Schumer and a tv camera.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

This is incredible. The bozo congressman blatantly states that they "...must seek new sources of revenue..." and calls classic car enthusiasts tax cheats.
    This guy is a real bozo. A classic car is nothing more than personal property. What he is proposing is the taxation of your personal assets.

In 1976 we bought a Stienway Concert Grand for $15,000. Today it is worth $90,000 (it has a insurance rider - it was recently appraised). I guess Schumer could also propose a 'musical instrument' tax.

Thinking like Schumer's is really dangerous to our freedom. Citizens are not ATM's, where under threat from the IRS, citizens will capitulate to any tax, no matter how insane.

From my own observations, the electorate doesn't seem to care about assults like this, thus the car collectors are an easy tarkget.
    Last edited by dBrong; 04-07-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    That guy is an especially odious toad.

I will not say here what I hope happens to him. But I would not bother to stop to piss on him if I saw him burning to death by the side of the road.

He is the archetypical yankee.

Damn. I wish I could figure out time travel and whisper in PT Beauregard's ear at first Manassas... keep going... the federals are on the run and you could seize Washington, just 15 miles away... Lincoln would be deposed and Southern independence realized....

Well, apparently I have been remiss in my fact-checking:

http://www.saac.com/index.php?option...d=258&Itemid=2

The article was an April Fool's hoax. I fell prey to the hoax. My apologies if I got your blood pressure boiling.

The article was an April Fool's hoax. I fell prey to the hoax. My apologies if I got your blood pressure boiling.
    What's really sad is that is how our government now works. It is believable.

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    What's really sad is that is how our government now works. It is believable.
    As a certain Congressman said in a meeting earlier today 'Listen up guys - an April Fool's hoax has given me a great revenue raising idea.'

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    I was thinking it might be; meant to check on it myself - so, thanks!

One thing that made it seem fake was the ALL CAPS. The NY Times copy desk would never let that happen.

Still, Schumer is a world-class prick and I still wouldn't piss on him to put him out if someone set him on fire.

Staff
    Obviously the guy who wrote the April Fools joke is a toad as well. You see, someone like Chuck Schumer WOULD come up with shit like that. After all, the House and Senate allowed that 1099 provision to go through the healthcare bill, who why not a collector car tax. The author is obviously ignorant of the depravity of government.