Thread: One guy's solution to $%@!!! leaf-raking!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

One guy's solution to $%@!!! leaf-raking!

Pretty funny!

(I hate leaves, too):

He's power-washing the grass. But, the leaves are not eliminated. He just scoots them off into the woods where they will be a fire hazard. Personally, I think mowing them with a mulcher blade would be better.

But then again, its not about the leaves, right? Its all about guys and power tools!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    I feel the guy's pain... we have about 8 acres, much of it wooded or adjacent to woods. I spend months dealing with leaves and hate it. I've been cutting down 2-3 big trees every year for the past 7 years and have finally begun to make a dent in my annual workload. But it's still way more time than I'd like to spend on this job!

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    He's power-washing the grass. But, the leaves are not eliminated. He just scoots them off into the woods where they will be a fire hazard. Personally, I think mowing them with a mulcher blade would be better.

But then again, its not about the leaves, right? Its all about guys and power tools!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I feel the guy's pain... we have about 8 acres, much of it wooded or adjacent to woods. I spend months dealing with leaves and hate it. I've been cutting down 2-3 big trees every year for the past 7 years and have finally begun to make a dent in my annual workload. But it's still way more time than I'd like to spend on this job!
    Just curious....Are controlled burns an option in your area?

When I was growing up, I remember everyone burned their dead grass off in the springtime. And we all had nice green, healthy lawns because of the nitrogen that burning added to the soil. Plus, it killed a lot of sticker weeds and eliminated the 'underbrush'.

A good way to get rid of the unwanted trees: 1 cup (8 oz., or a pint jar full) of kerosene poured on the base of the tree. It kills mesquite trees....and practically nothing kills mesquite. I'm pretty sure it would work on forest trees, too. The cupful is not enough to harm anything but the roots of the tree, but it usually kills the trees deader-n-hell. But, be warned: if the greenies find out, there is the possibility that an eco-transgression has occurred.