Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clover Cam?

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Clover Cam?

Guys,

We are thinking about a new feature - Clover Cam!

This would be a revolving video on the main page, revealing Cloverism in all its unholy glory. Videos would be taken of Cloverite driving - and uploaded for all our viewing delectation.

What do you think? Would you help provide videos of Clovers in situ?

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Guys,

This would be a revolving video on the main page, revealing Cloverism in all its unholy glory. Videos would be taken of Cloverite driving - and uploaded for all our viewing delectation.

If I had a cam in the car, I would provide plenty of material for viewing pleasure.

Guys,

I've had a camera mounted on my motorcycle before. I've still got the mount somewhere. I've also got a cheap video camera. I probably won't take it on the trip to and from work due to their policies on cameras on the premises. We have a lot of proprietary information they don't want the competitors to learn.

I can mount my helmet camera on the mount and this will let me record audio as well as video. I can give a running commentary while I'm at it. The problem is getting time enough from work to look for the little darlings.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Guys,

What sort of cloverism are you looking for? I have a number of videos of driving idiocy in action.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Excellent!

We're especially looking for examples of left lane hogging, driving much slower than traffic (and refusing to pull off, let the conga line of cars behind you get by)... that kind of thing....

Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    What sort of cloverism are you looking for? I have a number of videos of driving idiocy in action.

Excellent!

We're especially looking for examples of left lane hogging, driving much slower than traffic (and refusing to pull off, let the conga line of cars behind you get by)... that kind of thing....
    I made a youtube channel. It's by link only and embeddable. I'll start with a favorite... Aggravated Sloth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8e52r_Ia8Y

Added a second... clovers often drive with their high beams on. Cops often intentionally aim their headlamps to create glare in rear view mirrors to hide the rollers on the roof... SUVs have head lamps up high to start... put all of this together and you'll be blinded by the light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khFXnM2nloM

Cloverites must always use the left lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5CMfwoDYkk
    Last edited by zeo; 05-14-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: more

A pair of related videos...

First the red light running clovers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3wszxE_wjE

And now how non-clovers drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLhHg_lCFEE

Although on a very small scale, this is an excellent example of the damage clovers do.

If it were possible to add up the total loss attributed to cloverism I'm sure we ALL lose a few years off our lives due to them.

You made these?

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

I would gladly mount a camera....if I knew how. But, I reserve the right to edit the audio because (as my kids will tattle on me...) I am the worst about swea...um, talking to other drivers - especially clovers.

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    I would gladly mount a camera....if I knew how. But, I reserve the right to edit the audio because (as my kids will tattle on me...) I am the worst about swea...um, talking to other drivers - especially clovers.
    Not to worry, there's usually a way to remove audio in video editing software..

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post

I had a helmet camera mounted on my bike several times. I got one of those radar detector mounts with suction cups to hold it to the windshield. Otherwise, there is usually a thumb screw mount attaching bolt on the bottom of most cameras. Get a cheap tripod and duct tape it to your dash and you can run a camera anytime you want.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

See, I knew someone would have the answer to mounting a camera without drilling holes in the floorboard or something just as unsavory. Gracias, Senor Grouch!

In this edition I capture the kind of person (driving the silver BMW) that Cloverites think that 55mph speed limits and all the associated penalties do something about. Nope. They do nothing about them... Keep in mind I was not poking along in this video... Yes, he was probably doing triple digits in MPH and passed using the tail of the merge lane and the shoulder, nearly clipping the right front corner of my car.

The minority that cloverites expect to stop
    .... but don't.

BrentP,

Your link is private. Only those people you designate can see the video. I am sure there is a way to make this visible to those with the link, but not visible to a search on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
    In this edition I capture the kind of person (driving the silver BMW) that Cloverites think that 55mph speed limits and all the associated penalties do something about. Nope. They do nothing about them... Keep in mind I was not poking along in this video... Yes, he was probably doing triple digits in MPH and passed using the tail of the merge lane and the shoulder, nearly clipping the right front corner of my car.

.... but don't.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by BrentP View Post

.... but don't.
    Like Mithrandir I cannot open your link, BrentP. Not being amenable to being forced into associations I do not want, I cancelled my YouTube account the day they tried to make signing up to Google a pre-requisite for having a YouTube account. We need the direct link to see your video, preferably in the [youtube] format.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Opps sorry about that... I was supposed to click "unlisted"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAPsqdWdD_w

Today's lovely clover....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-FG2X5t1Vo

He sees me ready to make a right turn and of course pulls out anyway. This happens like once a week It's what he does after that which makes him unique.
    Last edited by BrentP; 01-13-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Holy shit, you have the same assholes up where you're at too!

Show me a picture of your camera mount.

What kind of camera are you using?

-Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Holy shit, you have the same assholes up where you're at too!

Show me a picture of your camera mount.

What kind of camera are you using?
    There are tons of them. I only save a minority of events and then only things I haven't captured on video before.

Camera is an RCA small wonder. It was the cheapest I could find at the time that could record a decent length of time with a memory card.

The mount is made from hardware laying around and tool dip. The covered end slides under the passenger seat head rest. Gives a passenger's view out the front.

Here's an old one, a garden variety tailgater:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2DZE5h1ce8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BrentP; 01-13-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Inspiring!

I'm thinking to just let my Panasonic spin.

I think it has around 45 min on a 1 gig card.

Do you have issues with running out of batteries?

Going to look at the small wonder now.

I'll be making a mount this weekend.

That is hot shit.

-Mussolini