Thread: Civil War Trail Ride

Civil War Trail Ride

Hey Adam,

Looks like a great ride, when you want to go?

I'd love to do that. It's one thing claiming to have 48 states under my belt but quite another to have really taken my time and enjoyed sight seeing. This is what I'd like to do now on two wheels and bring a passenger too. Well hopeful soon Charlie. Heck this is a ride we can all sink our boots into. Can you imagine riding in areas were the civil war was fought and seeing it the way it was a hundred years ago? Let's put this ride on our agenda. If not this year then next year like in June before the 4th of July. Gets too hot after the 4th down south.
    I am not sure can do Rolling Thunder this year come Memorial Day Weekend. If not I'm planning on either Great Mississippi Trail to Alton Illinois or Galena Illinois where Ulysses S. Grant was born. A great historical town in western Illinois and a huge Harley town or for that matter a awesome motorcycle destination. My pocket book will dictate where will be riding but Charlie that Arkansas ride is a must no question. Let's try for it maybe next year for sure!!! It's not so far maybe this year I'll let you know way in advance when is a good time for me and hopefully for everyone else that would like join in on the fun.
    Last edited by Adam; 04-22-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Hey, you and Mode want to meet again in Anamosa? We're going there again this year.

We're there. What are the dates again? Wouldn't miss it for the world,you guys are the 8th wonders of the motorcycle world an't many that can do that kind of thing for sure. I laugh when people say they don't know how to do this or that they need to come out and watch the Florida Drill Team show a thing or two about riding and picking up a Hog not no chump change bike of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    We're there. What are the dates again? Wouldn't miss it for the world,you guys are the 8th wonders of the motorcycle world an't many that can do that kind of thing for sure. I laugh when people say they don't know how to do this or that they need to come out and watch the Florida Drill Team show a thing or two about riding and picking up a Hog not no chump change bike of today.
    Looks like Friday & Sat June 24 & 25. Great, can't wait to see you guys again.

Hey Adam, you can call 501-682-7777 and they will send you all the info including maps, requirements etc along with a Arkansas Civil War pass book similiar to the Nat Parks Pass book to get stamped at each place (different from the 8 Civil War trails) you visit listed in the pass book. The first 1000 bikers to ride all eight trails (roads) and document it with a photo, gets a "I rode the Civil War Trail" patch. I'm taking off in early June to accomplish this.

Yeah that would be a very interesting riding to say the least. I remember when we went to Gettisburg during the Washington D.C.ride and rode around Civil War historical sights and trails. That really was a fun trip with you,me, George and Rich,Charlie and Linda and there nephew. Wow sometimes I think about all those rides and say man you did pretty good old chap. Not bad for one decade on the motorcycle. Well this Civil Road would be a perfect way to keep it going this decade. I hope to get on it next year.
    Anyway Anomsa looks very doable come June. I hope Charlie posts a reminder and very much hoping they will be there Sunday too Jun 26th.

[quote=Adam;132832]Yeah that would be a very interesting riding to say the least. I remember when we went to Gettisburg during the Washington D.C.ride and rode around Civil War historical sights and trails. That really was a fun trip with you,me, George and Rich,Charlie and Linda and there nephew. Wow sometimes I think about all those rides and say man you did pretty good old chap. Not bad for one decade on the motorcycle. Well this Civil Road would be a perfect way to keep it going this decade. I hope to get on it next year.
    Anyway Anomsa looks very doable come June. I hope Charlie posts a reminder and very much hoping they will be there Sunday too Jun 26th.
    [/q

Yep, We'll be there on Sunday too. Maybe we can catch some of the Arkansas ride on the way back. I'm looking to doing the Barbor Museum in Birmingham too