Thread: No Warrant required.

No Warrant required.

Indiana has finally done something I didn't think I'd ever see here. Too many east coast carpet baggers coming into the state I guess. The Indiana Supreme Court has ruled that a home owner cannot resist an improper search. Dissenting justices pointed out that this goes against the U.S. Constitution as well as prior English Law going back as far as the Magna Carta.

I can't wait until this goes to the U.S. Supreme Court.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Beautiful, home "safety checks!"

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I would not hold out hope that 9 unelected and unaccountable individuals, who all attended the same east coast institutions, care little for the letter of the written law or the will of those subjected to the law, will do anything to remedy the situation.

My only hope is that we become a republic (soon!) like things were intended. Then, if you didn't like being the subject of your elected(?) masters you can move. I think we're headed this direction and the looming federal default will be the catalyst.

Indiana has finally done something I didn't think I'd ever see here. Too many east coast carpet baggers coming into the state I guess. The Indiana Supreme Court has ruled that a home owner cannot resist an improper search. Dissenting justices pointed out that this goes against the U.S. Constitution as well as prior English Law going back as far as the Magna Carta.

While I don't believe that this is the case you cited in your post, it is similar enough to cause concern in Indiana...

Justice Ginsberg's dissenting opinion begins on page 23. In my opinion, she's the only one with even a modicum of constitutional (and common) sense!

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/10pdf/09-1272.pdf

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

This is the inevitable result of the "Chimp State" that has existd since the disastrous reign of George W. Bush. Precedents have been set - and built upon - that have created a de facto police state.

And we deserve it because we cheered it.

All in the name of "protecting the Homeland" and "fightin' terrah."

Scared feceless

The Indiana Supreme Court has ruled that a home owner cannot resist an improper search...
    This decision scares the shit out of me. It puts us right where Soviets were; 3am raids, people quietly disappearing, etc.

It's rule #7 out of the tyrant's playbook.

With this, and cases like the Guerena murder in Arizona, we're officially the United Soviet States of America.

And don't hold your breath on the Supreme Court, either. Remember, they just gave a pass to pigs beating down your door because they might have heard something that sounded like evidence being destroyed.

In other words: "He's coming right at us!"*

*South Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgF-KAxbTmE

Whenever I hear things like " ... can't ..." it just doesn't register with me. What do they mean I "can't" resist? Of course I can. One can always resist. It's a personal choice. Just b/c it's written on a piece of paper that I can't then I won't? Hell the laws don't keep the gov in check, why should they keep us in check? There's is no law in this country. The gov, the police and every armed bureaucrat does whatever they want and they use the law to justify their actions when it's convenient and ignore it when it's not. One more part of the illusion.

Try holding that constitution up in front of you when they come for that unwarranted search and see how it protects you and your rights.

That's the problem: Americans are too comfy. They like their SUV, big house, flat screen, reality tv, fast food, the mall, their khakis and sandles. Those things and that way of life are more valuable to them than their freedom and liberty. They simply don't posses the resolve, conviction or courage to resist anymore. They just want to live out their lives as fat, dumb and happy sheep until they die.

Saw a good placard yesterday. It said: "the founding fathers would be shooting already".

The gov knows better what's best for your kids

Did I mention that cops do whatever they want? Any law and any law enforcement that supposes to know what's best for ones children better than the parent himself is immoral, abusive and a clear violation of the parent's rights which means it's criminal.

These sorts of people are children. They have the emotional maturity of a 12-year-old. They are under the illusion that they have some right to tell you what to do with your own kids. They do not. They are simply very insecure people giving their lives some sort of meaning by controlling others. It's a mental disorder and they carry guns! That alone should scare the shit out of you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44767006.../#.ToxfgXO4LY1