Thread: Crappy Day

Crappy Day

Well my day has been pretty crappy and exhausting. I'm ready for bed. First off I go to the doctor and got the results of my MRI of the brain and it doesn't show much, other then some thickening, so he's not really sure what my problem is so he's referring me to a neurologist. He's also referring me for a sleep study as I believe I have sleep apnea, which I'm sure will be quite fun considering I have a hard enough time sleeping at night, bit more with all kind of equipment hooked to me. Then I try everything to take out a small personal loan to help me w/ some quick debts and can't seem to get one no matter what. Now to top it off tonight, my brother sold the motorcycle that I just sold him as he lost his job right now, and as insult to me he made $100 more then what I sold it to him for, and didn't do anything to it, and that means I won't get to ride it in more even if I wanted to. Hopefully tomorrow will go better.
    Tim, proud owner of 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2007 Honda CMX250C Rebel

Hang in there Tim. We all have terrible days but the good news is tomorrow will get better. I have a theory for every bad day you'lll have at least one real good one. Take it one day at a time. I got some major troubles too but try not to let it get me down. The older I get it's like OK I fucked up and now have to deal with it. However one thing is learn from mistakes and remember your a young man. Heck I didn't even seriously start riding till I was 40 and that seemed a very long time ago. You got plenty of life left to get things going right. So try having a short memory of rotten days and better longer ideas of how to have better ones. Your on the right track by going to Doctor don't try handling physical and emotional problems on your own.I say this to my own son too!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Hey Tim,

Sorry to hear all this -

On the bike: Live and learn.

It sucks that things turned out this way, but unless you had some kind of agreement with your brother, the bike was his once you sold it and (voice of experience here) once you've sold something, you've got to try to put it out of your head and relinquish any lingering feelings of attachment. Otherwise, you'll get upset/resentful when the new owner does something you might not like - such as sell the thing for more than you sold it to him for.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 View Post
    Well my day has been pretty crappy and exhausting. I'm ready for bed. First off I go to the doctor and got the results of my MRI of the brain and it doesn't show much, other then some thickening, so he's not really sure what my problem is so he's referring me to a neurologist. He's also referring me for a sleep study as I believe I have sleep apnea, which I'm sure will be quite fun considering I have a hard enough time sleeping at night, bit more with all kind of equipment hooked to me. Then I try everything to take out a small personal loan to help me w/ some quick debts and can't seem to get one no matter what. Now to top it off tonight, my brother sold the motorcycle that I just sold him as he lost his job right now, and as insult to me he made $100 more then what I sold it to him for, and didn't do anything to it, and that means I won't get to ride it in more even if I wanted to. Hopefully tomorrow will go better.

Yeah i know the bike was his to do with he wanted, as I sold it to him fair and square. I'm not letting it bother me too bad, just hate to see the bike out of the family and him making more then he bought for it just makes me kick my self for taking the lower amount I did. I was just trying to help my brother out as he is family, it just sucks for me considering that i paid 1200 for the bike back in January, paid out the big bill on the repairs i did, just to sell it for a measly $850 to my brother, for him to sell it a couple weeks later for $950 without even titling it in his name or doing anything at all to the bike. So the whole thing is just aggrevating more then anything to me. I agree learn and live though, and whatever doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Yep!

My rule - based on experience (some good, some bad) - is to never do business with family unless you are ok, going in, with losing your money and not letting it ruin the relationship. Otherwise, money and family don't mix.

Yeah i know the bike was his to do with he wanted, as I sold it to him fair and square. I'm not letting it bother me too bad, just hate to see the bike out of the family and him making more then he bought for it just makes me kick my self for taking the lower amount I did. I was just trying to help my brother out as he is family, it just sucks for me considering that i paid 1200 for the bike back in January, paid out the big bill on the repairs i did, just to sell it for a measly $850 to my brother, for him to sell it a couple weeks later for $950 without even titling it in his name or doing anything at all to the bike. So the whole thing is just aggrevating more then anything to me. I agree learn and live though, and whatever doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

And I'd have to say that is pretty good advice. Although yeah i hate losing out all the money I did, and I would have probably lost less trying to sell it out right myself instead of family, I'm not gonna let it ruin a relationship with my brother or let it cause me to get mad at him. As I have no hard feelings towards him, just aggrevated at how things worked out.

And I'd have to say that is pretty good advice. Although yeah i hate losing out all the money I did, and I would have probably lost less trying to sell it out right myself instead of family, I'm not gonna let it ruin a relationship with my brother or let it cause me to get mad at him. As I have no hard feelings towards him, just aggrevated at how things worked out.
    Could it be your bro' sold it on because he found there was more work needed than he expected? But anyways, so long as you have no hard feelings - the right attitude in my mind - there's no harm done and a lesson learned. Never mix finance with family unless you know exactly where you stand. I used to car trade with my brother and we each understood and accepted that, in any deal between us, it was always done with a profit motive.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

The reason he sold the bike is because he's out of work now from unforseen circumstances and therefore no longer could afford to repair the bike like he planned, plus needed the money to help pay bills. Like anyone selling a vehicle, he tried to get the most he could out of it. I can't blame him as if the tables were turned I would have done the same. So although i'm unhappy about the situation that took place as I took a major loss on the bike, and it means I won't get to ride it any more, there is no hard feelings towards my brother.

The reason he sold the bike is because he's out of work now from unforseen circumstances and therefore no longer could afford to repair the bike like he planned, plus needed the money to help pay bills. Like anyone selling a vehicle, he tried to get the most he could out of it. I can't blame him as if the tables were turned I would have done the same. So although i'm unhappy about the situation that took place as I took a major loss on the bike, and it means I won't get to ride it any more, there is no hard feelings towards my brother.
    Hey, Tim, looks like your family is getting hit by some tough times and bad luck right now. Good for you though, you have a good attitude and, in a way, if you think about it you may have helped your brother as he made a little money on the deal - no bad thing when you are just out of a job.

Keep on rolling, Tim, and hopefully things will improve for you all.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Well, the other day might have been crappy, but tonight made up for all the crappiness I been experiencing lately. I have never had much luck with the ladies, and have never even been on a date before. However about a month ago, I met a young woman and me and her hit it off, and I got her phone number, and we also became friends on facebook. Well I finally got the money, so I asked her out the other night and asked her if she'd like to go out with me tonight, and she agreed. So we went to dinner at a place called Ruby Tuesdays, then went to the Moose Lodge for some drinks (I'm a member of the Moose), and then went to a country music night club called Wild Country. Done a little bit of dancing, including 2 slow dances holding each other. It may have cost me $90 but both of us had a really good time, and we already talked about going out again, and she wants me to call her again. We really hit it off good, and I think I may actually be able to get a girl friend out of this. I'm super excited and although it may have been an expensive evening, I definitely feel it was well worth the expense. Had the best time I've had in quite some time.

Well let's hope tomorrow is a better day! I'm sorry that you had a crappy day. Just count your blessings, remember it can always be worse and be thankful that it isn't. Hang in there ~