Thread: Women's-specific holster

Women's-specific holster

Only sold via eBay for $40 in models for several different pistols.

http://shop.ebay.com/Onedelta89/m.ht..._sop=12&_rdc=1

Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    Only sold via eBay for $40 in models for several different pistols.
    Maaahn! - I would guess a gal would need to make sure she was well clear before her finger was anywhere near the trigger. It looks dangerous to me - we need expert comment here - Ducky? By the way that girl was handling that pistol she didn't look like a first time shooter.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

It's about the same level of risk as if you were using an inside-the-pants deep concealment holster. You really really really want to keep your finger off the trigger until the weapon is pointing towards your target.

Chip H.

It's about the same level of risk as if you were using an inside-the-pants deep concealment holster. You really really really want to keep your finger off the trigger until the weapon is pointing towards your target.

Chip H.
    Yep, I reckon that 'really really really' should be in bold font, italicised and heavily underlined.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Hmmm...The thing is you would have to be wearing a loose fitting shirt so you could access it. It would be useless while wearing a dress, or a suit with your shirt tucked in.

On the positive side: it fits under the curve of your bra, and the opening faces at an angle that makes it very accessible (If you are wearing the right clothes), it holds a small weapon...which lots of women prefer, and its not bulky like many holsters are.

Might be a handy thing to have in the ol' bag of tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Maaahn! - I would guess a gal would need to make sure she was well clear before her finger was anywhere near the trigger. It looks dangerous to me - we need expert comment here - Ducky? By the way that girl was handling that pistol she didn't look like a first time shooter.

Ken.

Personally, I prefer large caliber revolvers. Just the heads of the bullets rotating around a large barrel has a psychological effect that stops trouble before it starts. What bothers me about the video is to get it out and fire that fast, she has to have one in the chamber and the safety off.Really, really bad idea that. I agree that she isn't a first time shooter. Maybe the first time she used the holster, but I've taught girl friends and even a niece how to fire a weapon and they are always a bit hesitant at first.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Chip H.

Sir, is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me...

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    What bothers me about the video is to get it out and fire that fast, she has to have one in the chamber and the safety off.Really, really bad idea that.
    A lot of the small pocket pistols (.380 Auto, usually) don't have safeties. They rely on a stiff double-action trigger to prevent/reduce unintentional firing. Like 14 pounds or more.

In the event you need it, your adrenaline will make sure you have enough strength to pull the trigger.

Chip H.

True that - some of the smaller .380s do not have a safety. And, they do have quite a lot of play before the trigger engages.

One other thing I was thinking about: What would happen if the carrier had really large breasts? The weapon might be lost underneath even an underwire bra. What happens if it gets stuck under the breast and you cannot retrieve it?

I guess the holster would be ok for certain women and in certain situations, so I'm not going to slam the innovation. I just question the practicality of it for most of us.

Yes, really large boobs could indeed result in a slow draw as the woman fished around in there for her gun.

On the other end of the size spectrum, a woman with small breasts would have a printing issue, where the gun shows through the t-shirt.

So yes, this would work best for woman who fall in the middle, size-wise.

Chip H.

I've been thinking (ow, my head) and if a woman was to wear that holster while trying to lure a neighborhood predator like a purse snatcher, would it be considered a booby trap?
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

OMG.....you really should stop thinking......
    (I'm laughing so hard.....)

Sorry I'm just now seeing this! I don't think you'd catch me buying one of those. First of all, it doesn't matter a bit how fast you draw, it's how accurate you are shooting whatever it is you're shooting at. And as you've pointed out, that's not a place I'd like a gun pointed. Plus, the way she was doing it, the safety HAD to be off. One careless move and you'll be looking for implants. It looks convenient, but totally impractical!