Thread: EP is getting attention~

EP is getting attention~

Eric,

Have you seen what your kindred colleagues wrote about you?:
    I don’t know if Eric Peters invented it, but I love the term "clovers." It describes the anti-freedom and pro-state mentality, the nanny-state mindset, and applies to Americans of all eras who embraced progressivism and state-as-moral-agent since the late 1800s. It doesn’t sound exceptionally pejorative, at first glance. It’s not an ugly phrase, so it is possible one might actually speak to clovers about their cloverism, in a helpful and constructive way. Cloverism is something we can see in small and routine ways – as Peters waxes eloquently, on the highways. Yet it captures an entire battlefront in the ongoing fight for liberty in America. It’s elegant – useful, purposeful, and valuable. To be a clover is to imply government is to be trusted, and obeyed – and yet 99% of clovers probably do not always trust, obey or believe government pronouncements. Accordingly, many clovers are libertarians in waiting, and deserve our care and attention. If a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged (safely philosophically within the confines of state-slavery), a libertarian might be a clover who wakes up to find the state’s been lying to them.

from Metaphors for a Post-Federal America by Karen Kwiatkowski July 9, 2011

Way to go!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Yeah!

I may be making a Wrestler-like comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    Eric,

Have you seen what your kindred colleagues wrote about you?:
    I don’t know if Eric Peters invented it, but I love the term "clovers." It describes the anti-freedom and pro-state mentality, the nanny-state mindset, and applies to Americans of all eras who embraced progressivism and state-as-moral-agent since the late 1800s. It doesn’t sound exceptionally pejorative, at first glance. It’s not an ugly phrase, so it is possible one might actually speak to clovers about their cloverism, in a helpful and constructive way. Cloverism is something we can see in small and routine ways – as Peters waxes eloquently, on the highways. Yet it captures an entire battlefront in the ongoing fight for liberty in America. It’s elegant – useful, purposeful, and valuable. To be a clover is to imply government is to be trusted, and obeyed – and yet 99% of clovers probably do not always trust, obey or believe government pronouncements. Accordingly, many clovers are libertarians in waiting, and deserve our care and attention. If a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged (safely philosophically within the confines of state-slavery), a libertarian might be a clover who wakes up to find the state’s been lying to them.

from Metaphors for a Post-Federal America by Karen Kwiatkowski July 9, 2011

Way to go!

That right there is awesome!

Everything just fell in place perfect and the term pretty much created itself!

Damn right Eric invented it!

I love it.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

from Metaphors for a Post-Federal America by Karen Kwiatkowski
    July 9, 2011
    Well spotted, Erin. Well done Eric - keep the good work and the good word on the up. 'Great oaks from little acorns grow' so they say, you may have started something bigger than you realized.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Honestly I thought a clover is a slow poke driver but now have full meaning of the term. Good observation on finding this article and keep up the good writings Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Honestly I thought a clover is a slow poke driver but now have full meaning of the term. Good observation on finding this article and keep up the good writings Eric.
    I also seem to have missed the evolution from obstructive drivers to a political statement.

Speaking of statements, I just got some really nice magnets in the mail that say EPAUTOS.COM. Expensive, but nice. I'll take a picture and upload it tomorrow.

-Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    I also seem to have missed the evolution from obstructive drivers to a political statement.
    I guess it is down to the fact that everyone wants a slice of a good thing. Plaguiarism is a sincere form of flattery, but just remember folks, it all started here!

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

-Mussolini