Thread: The Debt Ceiling

Staff

The Debt Ceiling

I, for one, am glad that this debt thing is settled. Now, we can get back to more important things like picking up on Amy Winehouse news or discussing Casey Anthony's plans for the future. These are the things that really matter. All this other stuff is a sideline. Did I forget to say that a Republican majority means jack? John Boner, you're through. Terminated. Send me a bill. I have a plane to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I, for one, am glad that this debt thing is settled. Now, we can get back to more important things like picking up on Amy Winehouse news or discussing Casey Anthony's plans for the future. These are the things that really matter. All this other stuff is a sideline. Did I forget to say that a Republican majority means jack? John Boner, you're through. Terminated. Send me a bill. I have a plane to catch.
    Just because many of us have had their income cut in half, laid off and unemployed for more than a year, underemployed, lost 20% of the asset value of our homes, forced to spend our 401k money, our wives terrified by the situation, sleepless nights, loss of any direction in our lives - this is no reason that we shouldn't sacrafice more for our great leader Obama.

Since voting has been rendered useless, atleast the S&P people can shake these guys up. US Debt now = 100% of GDP. I haven't heard of a date when are going to start paying down the principal.

Here in Minneapolis they would like to build a $700,000,000 stadium for the Vikings. Just think what would happen if the Vikings left? They are really important. They provide a lot of jobs (10 games a year?) for $7 hr beer sellers and hotdog vendors. It's all about civic pride Fuck'em all!
    Last edited by dBrong; 08-09-2011 at 01:50 PM.

I read report and it makes sense to connect it with debt. If the study done by Wolff is correct, the typical attitude of Americans is that they do not want anything given to them, but instead want more available opportunities to get ahead. It gets harder to have an opportunity to get ahead if things like credit cards and other debts get in the way.