Thread: Can you do this on a motorcycle?

Can you do this on a motorcycle?

Last edited by Adam; 08-03-2011 at 08:06 PM.

I'd have trouble doing that on my feet, much less a bike. I only heard him scrae bars once.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Question was: 'Could you do this on a motorcycle.' Answer: Er, No!. That was superb - guess he's been watching the Harley Drill Team. As I cannot turn my head more than about eighty degrees in either direction (and so cannot see where I want to be) my 'tight' low speed turns are disasterous and my little feet are going like a penguins flippers.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    So Adam, do you now have Moe out there putting out cones for you??

Can I do that on a motorcycle?

Hell, no...at least not on my bike I can't.

Well at least with my shades and helmet sort of look like him. Oh I'm trying to be tougher on turns and not as wimpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Piney View Post
    Can I do that on a motorcycle?

Hell, no...at least not on my bike I can't.

Practice.. Practice.. Practice. Now, those bikes are not "modified" but the stops that keep the forks from hitting the tank have been removed. Also, if you notice, the cops sit almost on the tank to get the best balance.

Biggest plus! They don't own or repair those bikes! So, if they go down it's no big deal to them.

As long as your bike doesn't have extended forks or extended swing arm, you should be able to do most of that course with most stock bikes.

You got that right Charlie. Practice makes perfect. My turns are getting better too. I think lot of riding a bike is mental. Say to yourself you can do something and it can be achieved. So today I ride for the pure pleasure of it not worrying at all about being the best or anything just riding to work and back does wonders. I still plan on visiting the old man up in Iron Mountain soon. Mo and me enjoy it for what it is and we only dumped the bike once all last year and none so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieCLU View Post
    Practice.. Practice.. Practice. Now, those bikes are not "modified" but the stops that keep the forks from hitting the tank have been removed. Also, if you notice, the cops sit almost on the tank to get the best balance.

Biggest plus! They don't own or repair those bikes! So, if they go down it's no big deal to them.

As long as your bike doesn't have extended forks or extended swing arm, you should be able to do most of that course with most stock bikes.

Not sure what year the rider in the video is on, but my stock 1997 Dyna Wide Glide has a rake of 32.5, trail of 10", and overall wheelbase of 66.1". (It also runs a skinny 21" tire in the front) The FLH models of that same year have rake of 26, trail of 6.16", and wheelbase of 63.5.

The FXDWG is not exactly a canyon carver, nor is it intended to be. However, what you said about Practice, Practice, Practice is very true. I remember seeing one of the Easyriders Rodeo videos from a few years back and a guy named Robert Tabor (among a group of others) could do some amazing things with just about any model of Harley he threw a leg over.

During Bikeweek and Biketoberfest, the Drill team has a safety demo at the downtown dealership. There are many guys saying "you can't do that with my bike". We challange them to put $10.00 into our fund for Boggy Creek (our charity) if we can do it with their bike. So far, everyone taking the challange has to put up the money. One guy with a Valkery really got upset when one of our guys scrapped his pegs doing a tighter circle than he ever thought the bike would do. Throttle, keep the revs up. Clutch, find the friction zone and the rear brake adjusts speed. All three have to work together to make a smooth tight turn.

And I've seen Charlie and the rest of the drill team do it many times.