Thread: Riots in the streets.

Riots in the streets.

I have a neighbor who moved here from Great Britain. He's always marveled at the gun industry and laws here. He came with me up to the woods once when I did a survey on my tree farm and we did some plinking. He hadn't ever fired a weapon before due to the U.K. fire arm regulations. He was rather taken with my .45 long colt revolver.

He's from Manchester. He mentioned that maybe we have the right idea. After all, punks come through here doing what they're doing in London, and now Manchester, they would get put paid really quick. Arson on an inhabited building will get you shot by the people in that building. After the riots settle down, and his family back there isn't in danger, I'll see what he thinks then.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

What the UK needs is more Korean shopkeepers.
    During the Rodney King riots, they were the ones defending their stores.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

[quote=chiph;133693]What the UK needs is more Korean shopkeepers.
    During the Rodney King riots, they were the ones defending their stores.

Chip H.

Good heavens, our chattering liberal Gubmint and Police could not possibly allow anyone to protect themselves with a gun - (throws up hands into the air and swoons in horror) - don't you realise that some poor innocent thieving, looting, rampaging, criminalistic thug might get huurrrrrrrrrt!. No, no, the Gubmint will use strong words like, 'bad behaviour' and 'unacceptable conduct' and the crims will all melt away into the night and we can all live happily ever after.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Good heavens, our chattering liberal Gubmint and Police could not possibly allow anyone to protect themselves with a gun - (throws up hands into the air and swoons in horror) - don't you realise that some poor innocent thieving, looting, rampaging, criminalistic thug might get huurrrrrrrrrt!. No, no, the Gubmint will use strong words like, 'bad behaviour' and 'unacceptable conduct' and the crims will all melt away into the night and we can all live happily ever after.

Ken.
    Although I follow the news, I haven't heard the reason for the riots? And why are they spreading?

Just checking in to how far removed y'all are from the riots, Ken. It looks to be about 120 miles from you to Manchester...plus or minus~

Question: I thought that hunting weapons were still allowed in the U.K. Am I mistaken? I mean, what do they use on the fox hunts if they don't have shotguns? I assume that if the U.K. still 'allows' hunting weapons that they are severely restricted....but I do not know. Care to shed some insight on this?

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    Just checking in to how far removed y'all are from the riots, Ken. It looks to be about 120 miles from you to Manchester...plus or minus~

Question: I thought that hunting weapons were still allowed in the U.K. Am I mistaken? I mean, what do they use on the fox hunts if they don't have shotguns? I assume that if the U.K. still 'allows' hunting weapons that they are severely restricted....but I do not know. Care to shed some insight on this?
    Hi, Erin, I gave up small-bore and full-bore target shooting many years ago and now only have a CO2 powered semi-automatic air pistol. I am probably, therefore, a bit rusty on current legislation but this is as I understand it.

No civilian in the UK is allowed to own a handgun. All privately held handguns, irrespective of provenance or value, had to be handed in to be destroyed many years ago, as a knee jerk government response to the anti-gun lobby, after a guy went crazy with a gun at Dunblane Primary School in the Scottish town of Dunblane on 13 March 1996. The fact that this deprived tens of thousands of handgun enthusiasts of their (till then) legitimate sport was discounted 'For the public good'. The fact that, as of then, only criminals had handguns - because I don't think it occurred to the powers that be that criminals would simply ignore the new law - also seemed to have escaped them.

Shotguns can still be licensed to people with a legitimate reason for having a need for such a gun - farmers, pest controllers and game and clay shooters. Rifles can still be licensed for the game shooting and culling of deer, boar etc. Small bore and full-bore rifles for target shooting are still permissible. The storage/security requirements, for licensed weapons, are very stringent.

Air/CO2 powered guns, hand or rifle, may still be freely bought and held, by anyone over the age of eighteen but are restricted in power. Above the restriction level a firearms certificate (FAC) is required. The limits before which an FAC is required are pretty low i.e. - Air pistol 6 ft lbf max, air rifle 12 ft lbf max. No person under 18 may carry an air powered weapon in a public area.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    Although I follow the news, I haven't heard the reason for the riots? And why are they spreading?
    It started when the police shot dead an alleged drug dealer during a Stop and Search. Initially it was said that the police were fired on by the suspect. It is now thought that the bullet that hit the police officer was actually a police issue round - go figure. This immediately sparked cries of 'Police brutality' and a 'Peaceful protest' was organised. However it was not peaceful for long as the anarchists took over and inflamed the protesters into a howling, rampaging, looting mob. In the typical manner of the so called ethnic minorities others all over the country are now supporting the 'bruvvers' with their own riots, looting and arson. This as you can imagine is causing much hand wringing amongst our chattering liberal politicians.

Our police are so emasculated by Political Correctness, internal corruption and overwhelming bureaucracy that they no longer have the will do do what they are sworn to do - serve and protect the people. The government and politicians in general are just a lily-livered bunch of self seeking posers who think that saying things like 'This beehaaviour is totaaaally un-ac-cept-able.' is actually going to have an effect. They are terrified of losing votes, pander to the worst dregs of our society, are scared of crossing the 'no-go' lines of the sink estates and actually believe thay can 'cure' things by speechmaking and conciliation.

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 08-10-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

I heard that the rioters, after this is all over and done, will likely not serve any jail time if they're under age. They'll have group therapy sessions, where they will create drawings of their crimes and explain why what they did was wrong.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    I heard that the rioters, after this is all over and done, will likely not serve any jail time if they're under age. They'll have group therapy sessions, where they will create drawings of their crimes and explain why what they did was wrong.

Chip H.
    And then go home laughing all the way to their looted televisions, DVD recorders, jewelry, clothes, liquor and other assorted benefits of a lax policing and judicial system, giving the finger to all decent people. I noticed that on the television the majority of the looters/rioters shown were blacks, in my national tabloid paper today the majority shown were white - happenstance or biased reporting?

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

The phrase I saw was "recreational rioting", which seems to fit.

Chip H.

I don't think there's much in London riots that some salted shotgun shells wouldn't cure. I imagine if they got the seat of their pants peppered with rock salt, they may rethink rioting.

Personally, the first one up the snout in my shotgun is a 12 gauge sabot deer slug. It's a good attention getter.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

"British rioters the spawn of a bankrupt ruling elite"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226112640970

"London Riots: What Nobody Dares to Say"
    http://www.garynorth.com/public/8351.cfm

I got a visit from the police today. It seems my neighbor from the U.K. has applied for a concealed carry permit. Because he's a naturalized citizen, they do a little more intense background check. The deputy said he looks good so he will probably be endorsed by the Sheriff.

I told him later they came by and I gave him a good report. He may or may not buy a pistol. I did notice a gleam in his eye when I mentioned the S&W 500 revolver I've thought about.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Hi, Erin, I gave up small-bore and full-bore target shooting many years ago and now only have a CO2 powered semi-automatic air pistol. I am probably, therefore, a bit rusty on current legislation but this is as I understand it.

No civilian in the UK is allowed to own a handgun. All privately held handguns, irrespective of provenance or value, had to be handed in to be destroyed many years ago, as a knee jerk government response to the anti-gun lobby, after a guy went crazy with a gun at Dunblane Primary School in the Scottish town of Dunblane on 13 March 1996. The fact that this deprived tens of thousands of handgun enthusiasts of their (till then) legitimate sport was discounted 'For the public good'. The fact that, as of then, only criminals had handguns - because I don't think it occurred to the powers that be that criminals would simply ignore the new law - also seemed to have escaped them.

Shotguns can still be licensed to people with a legitimate reason for having a need for such a gun - farmers, pest controllers and game and clay shooters. Rifles can still be licensed for the game shooting and culling of deer, boar etc. Small bore and full-bore rifles for target shooting are still permissible. The storage/security requirements, for licensed weapons, are very stringent.

Air/CO2 powered guns, hand or rifle, may still be freely bought and held, by anyone over the age of eighteen but are restricted in power. Above the restriction level a firearms certificate (FAC) is required. The limits before which an FAC is required are pretty low i.e. - Air pistol 6 ft lbf max, air rifle 12 ft lbf max. No person under 18 may carry an air powered weapon in a public area.

Ken.
    Aahh...ok, thanks Ken.

And then go home laughing all the way to their looted televisions, DVD recorders, jewelry, clothes, liquor and other assorted benefits of a lax policing and judicial system, giving the finger to all decent people. I noticed that on the television the majority of the looters/rioters shown were blacks, in my national tabloid paper today the majority shown were white - happenstance or biased reporting?

Ken.
    I pick B: Biased reporting, for two hundred dollars.

The British police watchdog has now admitted they may have misled journalists in their initial account of the death of the black man Mark Duggan.
    Is it possible the riots could have been avoided?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/193718.html
    Trevor

Keeerrrreeeeeccccccttttttt! Pay the lady $200!

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.