Thread: They don't make 'em like they used to.

Unhappy They don't make 'em like they used to.

I have a television. Actually, I have two. I don't watch either of them much as I work a lot. I acquired one when my mother's failing eyesight caused us to buy her a bigger one so she could see it. Her old TV is 5 years old.

When I turn it on, the left side of the screen is covered with lines. Eventually, it will settle down and have colored streaks, top to bottom. The right side has a great picture. My other TV is about 20 years old and still has a great picture. Seeing as how the newer TV is digital and HD and all that, it's probably worn out after 5 years of use. When I brought this one home about a year ago, I gave away a 30 year old TV that still worked just fine. I am not happy.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

We just replaced all of our old TVs with flat screens. I really didn't care...to me, a TV was just a TV. But, I must say that the picture quality, and the HD is much better on the new TVs than on the old ones. I kept one of the old TVs - one with a built-in VCR - for the guest room in case visitors want to watch movies on it.

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    We just replaced all of our old TVs with flat screens. I really didn't care...to me, a TV was just a TV. But, I must say that the picture quality, and the HD is much better on the new TVs than on the old ones. I kept one of the old TVs - one with a built-in VCR - for the guest room in case visitors want to watch movies on it.

The picture quality is only as good as the signal. I watch for content, not picture. I can be happy watching a black and white TV. I mean, what's the big deal of watching an old black and white movie on an HD colr unit? I don't even need a very big picture. Then again, my ex-girlfriends kids forgot I'm extremely far sighted and could read the computer screen over their shoulders from across the room. Let's just say their leash got pulled in short a few times. I even used to read the paper she was reading from the other side of the room. The page facing me at least. Put something in front of my face though and I lean backwards. Either that or go for my bifocals.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.