Thread: Ron Paul gets no respect from "mainstream" media in Iowa

Angry Ron Paul gets no respect from "mainstream" media in Iowa

Ron Paul gets no respect from "mainstream" media outlets after coming in second in the Iowa straw polls.

It has the appearance of trying to hide the fact that there may be someone else that the people may prefer for president.

I do not know if Ron Paul would be a good president or not. I would be willing to give him a chance as president.

I do know that he speaks more sense than I have heard from candidates for president in over twenty years. He actually seems to have read the constitution, which all congressmen swear to uphold.

Jon Stewart (thankfully some one spoke up) made a point of mentioning the snubbing that Ron Paul received throughout the media. It is sad when a comedy program tells more facts than the other news programs.

It reminds me of "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." (1939) where the Taylor political machine works to block the events in Washington from being reported to Mr. Smith's home state.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-19-2011 at 12:21 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Of course not.

Meanwhile, the media is all over that greasy shyster Mitt Romney and the odious Perry - Chimp II.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Ron Paul gets no respect from "mainstream" media outlets after coming in second in the Iowa straw polls.

It has the appearance of trying to hide the fact that there may be someone else that the people may prefer for president.

I do not know if Ron Paul would be a good president or not. I would be willing to give him a chance as president.

I do know that he speaks more sense than I have heard from candidates for president in over twenty years. He actually seems to have read the constitution, which all congressmen swear to uphold.

Jon Stewart (thankfully some one spoke up) made a point of mentioning the snubbing that Ron Paul received throughout the media. It is sad when a comedy program tells more facts than the other news programs.

It reminds me of "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." (1939) where the Taylor political machine works to block the events in Washington from being reported to Mr. Smith's home state.

Staff
    Dick Perry is probably one of the worst examples of a two faced double talking evil worm of a sorry excuse for a human being.

It is rumored that he visited a drag queen place on taxpayer expense in Miami FL all while pumping his so called Christian prayer values. I have no problem with Christian values. I do have a problem with this usurper running away with it.

I have decided not to register to vote. I am sick of this whole thing.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Me too.

Charlie Brown has decided to quit trying to kick the football...

The only thing that would change my mind is if Ron Paul somehow got the nomination or ran as an independent.

Prick Perry is a roundmouth for sure. Not that there's anything wrong with that - if that's what you're into. Just don't do it and then start peddling your "family values" shit to me....

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Dick Perry is probably one of the worst examples of a two faced double talking evil worm of a sorry excuse for a human being.

It is rumored that he visited a drag queen place on taxpayer expense in Miami FL all while pumping his so called Christian prayer values. I have no problem with Christian values. I do have a problem with this usurper running away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Me too.

Charlie Brown has decided to quit trying to kick the football...
    Voting has been rendered usless. 51% of the population (the eaters) doesn't pay any tax - yet they get to vote, and it counts the same as ours. It is a conflict of interest to allow these breeders to vote.

IMO, the only chance we have is if a true revolutionary leader comes on the scene - like Jefferson, Adams, etc.

As a programmer, I'm starting to think about ways many people could passively fu
    Creatively I think we could drive the government over a cliff, and be within the law.

What?? You didn't go to his big prayer meeting here in Houston?

Nothing that Perry does surprises me. He has been a bad governor and he will be a worse VP. I cannot imagine him as Prez. It would be Shrub all over again.

What about Gary Johnson? Or does anyone know who he is? The mainstream media certainly isn't telling us anything about him, either. I would absolutely vote for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson over Perry in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    Voting has been rendered usless. 51% of the population (the eaters) doesn't pay any tax - yet they get to vote, and it counts the same as ours. It is a conflict of interest to allow these breeders to vote.
    Voting has been rendered moot by many different factors. A big one is as you mention, allowing people to vote who are net costs. They simply vote for whomever promises them the most free stuff/money. But most of all it was rendered moot through controlling the two party system. No matter who wins an election, the same people behind the candidates win. It's not entirely perfect as sometimes someone who doesn't entirely play ball ends up in office. When it comes to the POTUS there is always a vice-president they can count on.

For instance, when JFK wasn't playing ball and actually representing the best interests of the people in a few areas instead of the war-mongers and the banksters suddenly there was a bullet and LBJ, someone they could count on for their wars, social engineering, etc was in office. When Reagan was first in office he appointed a good number of people who to this day still work against the interests of the war-mongers, banksters, social engineers, etc. Of course CIA Bush Sr. had been made vice president and then the kid of family friends of the Bushes puts a bullet in Reagan... then Reagan played ball pretty well. I was pretty sure Obama would be a good servant to the banksters and warmongers, but I am guessing they weren't so sure, hence Biden as vice president. I think Obama is going to get 'exceeds expectations' on his review, so he's got nothing to worry about.

If Ron Paul were to secure the nomination the republican party would probably try to force him to take some despicable character as vice president. When that happens their plans should be obvious. I am sure Ron Paul would see the set-up.

IMO the reason most americans don't see these things is because they are programmed to believe this sort of thing doesn't happen here. Because they believe it can't happen, they are blind to it. So they swallow these lone-nut stories. What was really funny was when Pakistan's government blamed a 'lone-nut' and the US government issued a statement that the theory was unlikely, that there had to be more to it. I busted out laughing when I heard that. When it's a foreign government using the same obviously BS stories the US government sounds like a typical "conspiracy theorist".

If not anything else, with Ron Paul in the race the economy will probably at least limp along until Nov. 2012.

Auburn, CA & Reno, NV & Cold Springs Valley, NV
    Then:

"Vote for the man who promises least--he'll be the least disappointing."
    --Bernard M. Baruch

BTW:

"Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good.
    --H. L. Mencken

-Don Quoteman

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom View Post
    Then:

"Vote for the man who promises least--he'll be the least disappointing."
    --Bernard M. Baruch

BTW:

"Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good.
    --H. L. Mencken

-Don Quoteman
    I think that we should structure it so that only property owners can vote. Not only that, they could vote in any state, county, municipal, or whatever other jurisdiction that they own property in.

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    I think that we should structure it so that only property owners can vote. Not only that, they could vote in any state, county, municipal, or whatever other jurisdiction that they own property in.
    Government should have so little power that voting has little meaning.

The idea that a popularity contest winner should wield power is absurd.

Perhaps it would be better if we lived under the system Dennis does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOTKA0aGI0

Last edited by dom; 09-03-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Embedded the video.

I had a sad thought today. It was that home prices are going to drop to what they were, or less than what they were 10 years ago!

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    I had a sad thought today. It was that home prices are going to drop to what they were, or less than what they were 10 years ago!
    As in...maybe they will drop to their actual value? That's a novel idea.