Thread: Irene aftermath?

Irene aftermath?

I know a few of our posters are in the eastern states. Just checking to see if everyone is ok. Any damage? Electricity out? Access to roads and necessities?

I hope everyone prepared and stocked up on water, food, batteries, and medicines before the storm hit.

Please let us know that you are ok in the aftermath of the storm.

Post All fine. Just rain and wind.

There was no damage to home and the electricity only went out for about 5 minutes.

Some tomato and green bean plants were damaged and there was very little water in the basement.

Many roads in NJ were flooded, but this was not near my home. Areas near rivers and creeks or low lying areas have concerns with flooding.

As of this posting, mass transit is still out in several areas.

Many stores sold out of many items. A foretaste of what may happen when the SHTF. It was good business for hardware/lumber stores.

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    I know a few of our posters are in the eastern states. Just checking to see if everyone is ok. Any damage? Electricity out? Access to roads and necessities?

I hope everyone prepared and stocked up on water, food, batteries, and medicines before the storm hit.

Please let us know that you are ok in the aftermath of the storm.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    There was no damage to home and the electricity only went out for about 5 minutes.

Some tomato and green bean plants were damaged and there was very little water in the basement.

Many roads in NJ were flooded, but this was not near my home. Areas near rivers and creeks or low lying areas have concerns with flooding.

Many stores sold out of many items. A foretaste of what may happen when the SHTF. It was good business for hardware/lumber stores.
    Good news, Anthony, glad you are safe. From what we have seen over here on the news channels the storm, when it hit, was not as severe as had been anticipated. We were told it had been reclassified as a Tropical Storm rather than a Hurricane - not that I would want to be caught up in either!

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

I worry more about the folks up in Vermont. Most of the roads there follow the river valleys and many roads are just gone. I live a couple of miles from the Ohio river and I know how mean a river can get.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post

Glad that y'all are ok. I saw a news piece about the train tracks in N.J. and they were completely underwater in some places.

Are you seeing any of the entitlement mentality from people there, like what happened after Katrina? You know...people screaming at the gub'mint to come and take care of them?