Thread: Battery recommendations

Battery recommendations

I want to replace my Volvo XC-90 battery - the current one is 5 yrs old. The battery needs to be able to be connected to a vent hose.

Volvo wants $240 for a genuine 'Volvo' battery. I found an Interstate for $150. Optima doesn't make a battery for my vehicle.

Anyone have a brand to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    I want to replace my Volvo XC-90 battery - the current one is 5 yrs old. The battery needs to be able to be connected to a vent hose.

Volvo wants $240 for a genuine 'Volvo' battery. I found an Interstate for $150. Optima doesn't make a battery for my vehicle.

Anyone have a brand to recommend?
    Why? - why not use a zero maintenance, ventless, battery? If the size and capacity are right what difference would it make?

Having said that, I have been looking at Volvo battery prices, $240 plus for a battery? The new high capacity, maintenance free battery for my car cost me just over $105. You could have a look at , Advance Auto Parts, Auto Parts Warehouse and Andy's Auto Sport - might be a better deal there. I've just been looking at a Volvo Customer Forum - from the complaints about Volvo/Volvo Dealerships I don't think I would now consider buying a Volvo. I had put the C30 on my consideration list for my next car - not any more!

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 09-20-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I've just been looking at a Volvo Customer Forum - from the complaints about Volvo/Volvo Dealerships I don't think I would now consider buying a Volvo. I had put the C30 on my consideration list for my next car - not any more! Ken.
    I've had several Volvos - but I won't buy another one. My dealer used to be good - but around 2005 they went downhill, and started to really gouge you for repairs. Now they want $135 /hr for labor, $240 for a battery, and $400 for a transmission flush!

Besides, Volvo is now owned by Sheely (sp?) a Chinese company.

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    I've had several Volvos - but I won't buy another one. My dealer used to be good - but around 2005 they went downhill, and started to really gouge you for repairs. Now they want $135 /hr for labor, $240 for a battery, and $400 for a transmission flush!

Besides, Volvo is now owned by Sheely (sp?) a Chinese company.
    BEIJING — Geely Holding Group completed its acquisition of Ford Motor Co.'s Volvo unit Monday in a $1.5 billion deal that gives the small but ambitious Chinese automaker a global brand and huge management challenges.
    That seems a low price for what was once a flagship brand. Looks to me like Ford were happy to get rid of something that had become a millstone product.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.