Thread: Avoid driving in Mississippi if at all possible

Hybrid View

Unhappy Avoid driving in Mississippi if at all possible

Sorry folks, no pictures. I am just offering a clover alert for the state of Mississippi. Having just returned from a trip from Houston to Mississippi and back, I have concluded that Mississippi is full of clovers. They are absolutely the worst drivers I have ever encountered.

The route I took was basic: I-10 all the way. Upon exiting I-10 in Mississippi, I got stuck behind the Clover Queen. Yes, I know that as a Southerner, I should be respectful and nice to little old ladies. I should have said something like "Well, bless her heart" instead of the stream of expletives that gushed forth while I was driving behind her. I should be nicer to little old blue-haired lady drivers. But, the lady in question almost caused me to get rear-ended by a big truck.

Back to the scenario...taking the exit ramp from one Interstate onto another, the ramp makes a cloverleaf turn. Remember, we are exiting the interstate highway, traveling at speeds of 70+ mph. She brakes into the turn, slowing to 10 mph. I think the posted speed for the turn was something like 40. As a result, I have to brake and slow to 10 mph because I am directly behind her. Directly behind me is a big semi whose driver has to veer onto the shoulder to avoid hitting me.

Then...yes, she actually did this...after she is through the turn and on the part of the entrance ramp where she should have been accelerating to join the speed of the oncoming traffic, she stops and puts on her blinker! Luckily, there was no oncoming traffic, but her actions posed a danger to those of us behind her since we all had to stop, too.

I was sorely tempted to ease up to her bumper and push her onto the highway.

Be very wary of Mississippi drivers.

LOL... This is what we in Florida call the twisties...

I was at the gym and the guy working out had Clover on the back of his shirt. Boy o boy wish I had my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I was at the gym and the guy working out had Clover on the back of his shirt. Boy o boy wish I had my camera.
    Did he happen to be moving extra slow, or blocking people from getting by?

Wouldn't be surprised.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

LOL! I would like to have seen that one.

Everyone a good clover buster is riding a motorcycle. In the dark they hate the light behind them and either speed up or turn off. Clovers seem to not like bikes behind them.

Everyone a good clover buster is riding a motorcycle. In the dark they hate the light behind them and either speed up or turn off. Clovers seem to not like bikes behind them.

Another good trick is to mount driving lights on a wobbly bracket on the front of your truck. Especally the left light. When it jiggles, it's annoying. When it jiggles a long time, it tends to clear traffic.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    Another good trick is to mount driving lights on a wobbly bracket on the front of your truck. Especally the left light. When it jiggles, it's annoying. When it jiggles a long time, it tends to clear traffic.
    Maybe I could attach it with caulking? And some tape? <snickle>