Thread: Election day

Staff

Election day

This is the first election in which I have overtly declined to vote in my lifetime. Unless something earth shaking comes out, I don't plan on registering to vote in the 2012 primaries or the elction either.

My vote doesn't count and these politicians don't represent what I believe America once was.

I still want to change things, but I don't think its gonna happen through the ballot box. That chance ended in the 1992 Republican primaries.

The only comfort I get from this is that I have withdrawn my consent to the government by my action. If I voted for any of the lousy candidates running, I would be giving them my consent to take my freedoms, my money and now, my dignity through unconstitutional TSA checkpoints happening across the coutnry.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    This is the first election in which I have overtly declined to vote in my lifetime. Unless something earth shaking comes out, I don't plan on registering to vote in the 2012 primaries or the elction either.

My vote doesn't count and these politicians don't represent what I believe America once was.

I still want to change things, but I don't think its gonna happen through the ballot box. That chance ended in the 1992 Republican primaries.

The only comfort I get from this is that I have withdrawn my consent to the government by my action. If I voted for any of the lousy candidates running, I would be giving them my consent to take my freedoms, my money and now, my dignity through unconstitutional TSA checkpoints happening across the coutnry.

Agreed. I too believe that we need to be the change we want and not expect some group of strangers who we know could care less about anything except their own political power and wealth to do anything for us. Nor should we give anyone that responsibility anyway whether it be a gov, or anyone. Everyone is responsible for settling their own social disputes as individuals or part of a group. Hell that's all the gov is anyway, is just a group (gang) of people, so if they can do it then we can do it better.

Having said that, I am a huge, huge fan of Ron Paul. Being an economist, I can tell you w/o a doubt that his economics are correct, as are his positions on the federal reserve and foreign policy. If for no other reason, one should vote for him because he's honest and consistent. You can trust that he'll do what he says. And he is correct.