Thread: Jury Duty!

Jury Duty!

I won the lottery! I've gotten a letter telling me that my presence is demanded for the entire month of november. Well, not the whole month but I am to make myself available. And if I don't "volunteer" for this service armed men will find me and throw me in jail.

I'm going to mention in the comments section that I am an Anarcho-Capitalist/Libertarian who STRONGLY believes in jury nullification...all of which is true. I have a hard time the machine will want anything to do with me. And if I am quizzed I will let them know that I'm not happy that I have to take a 90% paycut to fulfill my duty while the rest of them are being paid quite handsomely.

As an aside, I think jury nullification is going to be our only way out of the hole, but the machine does not want you to know about that right.

Want to know how to not get picked?

1. Be educated
    2. Be white
    3. Have a beard or large mustache
    4. Wear a bow tie
    5. Register as a Libertarian

When the lawyers look at your info prior to jury selection, the above factors will almost certainly preclude your being selected. (too independent a thinker)

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I won the lottery! I've gotten a letter telling me that my presence is demanded for the entire month of november. Well, not the whole month but I am to make myself available. And if I don't "volunteer" for this service armed men will find me and throw me in jail.

I'm going to mention in the comments section that I am an Anarcho-Capitalist/Libertarian who STRONGLY believes in jury nullification...all of which is true. I have a hard time the machine will want anything to do with me. And if I am quizzed I will let them know that I'm not happy that I have to take a 90% paycut to fulfill my duty while the rest of them are being paid quite handsomely.

As an aside, I think jury nullification is going to be our only way out of the hole, but the machine does not want you to know about that right.
    They quit sending me demand notices after I 'failed' to make the cut too many times. If you answer their questions honestly, they will surely scratch you off their list of potential jurors.

But, in these days of police state tactics, I am rethinking my position on serving as a juror. I am thinking that if I were a businessman or everyday citizen accused of some inane crime, I would want people like me on the jury!

Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    Want to know how to not get picked?

1. Be educated
    2. Be white
    3. Have a beard or large mustache
    4. Wear a bow tie
    5. Register as a Libertarian

When the lawyers look at your info prior to jury selection, the above factors will almost certainly preclude your being selected. (too independent a thinker)

Chip H.
    I've got 4 or the 5 covered. Never wore a bow tie before.

Not with a ten foot pole

They didn't want me. Guess I don't conform to what they want in a sheep...err I mean juror.

YOUR JURY SERVICE FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2011 IS NOW CANCELLED AND YOUR SERVICE IS OVER. YOU ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO REPORT OR CALL FOR INSTRUCTIONS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR ON-CALL JURY SERVICE FOR THE US DISTRICT COURT. THANK YOU.

Staff
    I would view jury duty as a chance to get back at the system. Therefore, I would blend in as a clover to make sure that I get in.

I get back at the system by being an independent thinker and teaching my children to be the same.