Thread: Arrest in DC for Exp Tags

Arrest in DC for Exp Tags

Auto Owners Beware -- D.C. Cops Throw Drivers in Jail for Expired Tags

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews

OMG. That is appalling.

What gets me is the way something like this is accepted by people. OMG, that's appaling? Really? Just appaling? Not criminal, not unacceptable, not an act of domestic terrorism? The article says "to the frustration of drivers". Frustration? Good, honest, hard working people who have done nothing wrong are being imprisoned, given an arrest record and Americans see it as simply frustrating?? Fuck me. What does it take to get an American mad at the gov to the point that they actually fucking do something? They should be down there breaking her out of jail. Storming the jail, something.

"The practice provoked somewhat of a backlash last year after a local mother from Maryland was jailed." It provoked "somewhat of a backlash" when a mother was inprisoned for doing nothing wrong? Wow! What an apathetic, dumbed down, ignorant, submissive society of farm animals.

Americans have become so desensitized to these sorts of abusive police practices that when a mom gets arrested on her way to pick up her child from school with her other child in the car it evokes nothing more than a stern "hey that's not fair! Humph. Oh well I have a therapy session b/c I have everything anyone could ever want and I'm depressed."

Until WE change the culture of abusive law enforcement, law enforcement will continue to abuse us. It's not rocket science.

If law enforcement gets its authority from us then why can't we simply give ourselves that same authority? Why can't we drive around and when we see a cop abusing an American's god given rights like this, we subdue him, disarm him, educate him and send him scurring on his way like the varmint that he is. Word will get out that the people have grown a pair and are defending their rights. Maybe in time they will think twice about doing shit like this.

This will only work if people are willing to have to possibly sacrifice their current way of life. But isn't that exactly the problem? The current way of life in America needs changing and it's no ones responsiblity but ours. We get what we deserve and if we believe we are free then it's about time we starting acting like it.

I don't advocate aggressive violence but I'm also not a pacifist. To defend ones liberties against an aggressor, regardless who the aggressor works for, is as much ones right as liberty itself.

Saw a placard the other day that read: the founding fathers would be shooting already.

I'm pretty sure D.C. is going to have problems over this. The police only do what their bosses (the people the voters elect) tell them to do. While it may be legal, the law may not stand up in court as it is not equitable. That means that due process has failed and a good lawyer will get it thrown out. Which would mean that not only would they no longer be able to arrest people, they won't be able to cite them until a new law is passed.

As for disarming a police officer you don't like, what planet do you live on? You evidently haven't been the recipient of a "come along" when arrested. Trust me, a regular criminal wouldn't even make the suggestion. Police train in "pain compliance" in which a simple hold can be enough to stop a criminal. I took a 300 pound drunk down once who had been swinging at anybody and everybody. He was docile as a little lamb when I got done. We had more trouble stopping an irate crowd from beating the stuffing out of him.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I'm pretty sure D.C. is going to have problems over this. The police only do what their bosses (the people the voters elect) tell them to do. While it may be legal, the law may not stand up in court as it is not equitable. That means that due process has failed and a good lawyer will get it thrown out. Which would mean that not only would they no longer be able to arrest people, they won't be able to cite them until a new law is passed.

As for disarming a police officer you don't like, what planet do you live on? You evidently haven't been the recipient of a "come along" when arrested. Trust me, a regular criminal wouldn't even make the suggestion. Police train in "pain compliance" in which a simple hold can be enough to stop a criminal. I took a 300 pound drunk down once who had been swinging at anybody and everybody. He was docile as a little lamb when I got done. We had more trouble stopping an irate crowd from beating the stuffing out of him.
    "... a simple hold can be enuogh to stop a criminal". I'll counter that statement with: 4 armed grown men can disarm and subdue one cop of any size.

That's the planet I'm from.

Your statement and attitude are exactly the problem I'm refering to. A cop is nothing more than a person and anything he can do, so can we. We just have to want to and we have to work together. That's what the sheep are not willing to do b/c the real housewives of nj are on.

Quote Originally Posted by doncoo View Post
    "... a simple hold can be enuogh to stop a criminal". I'll counter that statement with: 4 armed grown men can disarm and subdue one cop of any size.

That's the planet I'm from.

Your statement and attitude are exactly the problem I'm refering to. A cop is nothing more than a person and anything he can do, so can we. We just have to want to and we have to work together. That's what the sheep are not willing to do b/c the real housewives of nj are on.

Wow, now you're calling for anarchy and rioting. What you just described comes under so many laws, many of them felonies, that you would spend a lot of time in prison. I guess if that's the only way you can get a boyfriend, go for it. More than likely you'd be tased at the very least and probably shot for assault on a peace officer.

Besides assault, you're also talking about conspiracy to commit a felony, conversion, theft, unlawful imprisonment, and so many others that I could cover a page. Keep in mind that the police have legal requirements to stop that sort of behaviour. Quite likely you will find that if an officer needs help, he or she will get help.

Not one politician will back you up. Outside of some fringe talk show hosts, you will be reviled as a modern day Bonnie and Clyde. If you're lucky, you'll get tased or possibly meet a flash bang grenade. If you're unlucky, you will meet a bullet from a SWAT sniper. If you're really, really unlucky, you'll survive, in a wheel chair or bed ridden.

The law has 900 years of experience dealing with your type. Even the Magna Carta, which set the rights of individuals in English Law for the first time, didn't permit the wholesale rebellion you're talking about here. If you're talking about starting a militia, keep in mind they are meant to preserve the rights of citizens. You're talking about setting yourself up as a war lord to deal with the little people you rule as you see fit.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Wow, now you're calling for anarchy and rioting. What you just described comes under so many laws, many of them felonies, that you would spend a lot of time in prison. I guess if that's the only way you can get a boyfriend, go for it. More than likely you'd be tased at the very least and probably shot for assault on a peace officer.

Besides assault, you're also talking about conspiracy to commit a felony, conversion, theft, unlawful imprisonment, and so many others that I could cover a page. Keep in mind that the police have legal requirements to stop that sort of behaviour. Quite likely you will find that if an officer needs help, he or she will get help.

Not one politician will back you up. Outside of some fringe talk show hosts, you will be reviled as a modern day Bonnie and Clyde. If you're lucky, you'll get tased or possibly meet a flash bang grenade. If you're unlucky, you will meet a bullet from a SWAT sniper. If you're really, really unlucky, you'll survive, in a wheel chair or bed ridden.

The law has 900 years of experience dealing with your type. Even the Magna Carta, which set the rights of individuals in English Law for the first time, didn't permit the wholesale rebellion you're talking about here. If you're talking about starting a militia, keep in mind they are meant to preserve the rights of citizens. You're talking about setting yourself up as a war lord to deal with the little people you rule as you see fit.
    I'll engage you one time on this one, but your nonsense is boring. Are you really not able to tell the difference between defending oneself and offensive violence? As I said before: you are the problem.

You believe that the law and the gov is our moral compass. That whatever the law is, is the right thing to do and if we dare refuse then we advocate anarchy and rioting. Is it anarchy and rioting when you defend yourself and your family from a burglar? Then why is it when you defend yourself against a gov. employee trying to imprison you when you've done nothing wrong? A criminal is a criminal regardless who he works for.

You also imply that to wrongfully imprison a cop is wrong but for the cop to wrongfully imprison the soccer mom is ok. That makes about as much sense as you reproducing.

I learned the difference between right and wrong in kindergarten. If I'm driving down the road and a cop stops me and tries to abduct me and imprison me because "my papers aren't in order" - where are we Nazi Germany? - , then he is wrong, he is committing a crime, he is abusing my god given right and constitutionally protected right not to be subject to unreasonable search and seizure w/o warrant, he is abusing my right to be free and move about my own country in my own vehicle, he is abusing my life and my liberty and no doubt many, many, many other abuses.

The gov makes the laws then enforces their laws and if we dare to think for ourselves, if we dare to defend ourselves against a long train of abuses and usurpations then you say we adovate rioting. Funny you mention the Magna Carta. It was the Magna Carta that the founding fathers of this country usurped with the constitution so that you could have the opportunity to write what you wrote and show everyone that you don't know what you're talking about.

You are a sheep Grouch. The lowliest of farm animal and you will always be. The kind of sheep that lives in such fear of life every day that you feel you and gov must be in control lest something happend you can't handle.

One day things will change in this country and your precious gov criminals won't be there for to protect you anymore. But that's ok, b/c you know how to inflict pain on people and subdue anyone. LOL. You crack me up with your childish, action movie attitude.

[quote=doncoo;134372]
    The gov makes the laws then enforces their laws and if we dare to think for ourselves, if we dare to defend ourselves against a long train of abuses and usurpations then you say we adovate rioting. Funny you mention the Magna Carta. It was the Magna Carta that the founding fathers of this country usurped with the constitution so that you could have the opportunity to write what you wrote and show everyone that you don't know what you're talking about.

You are a sheep Grouch. The lowliest of farm animal and you will always be. The kind of sheep that lives in such fear of life every day that you feel you and gov must be in control lest something happend you can't handle.
    quote]

The Constitution is based on English Common Law. The Magna Carta is where it began. If you don't like it here, why not go to France or Italy where Napoleonic Law prevails? You can ask Amada Knox about the results of Napoleonic Law.

You want to imprison a police officer because he's a police officer. By getting four men to help you, you're going to find out what the RICO statues are all about. Four or five armed men doing violence is gang activity.

Messing with the police, just because they're the police is a good way to find out how many problems you can give yourself. Messing with the cops is like messing with the Hell's Angels. You mess with one, you mess with all of them. If one needs help, he'll get help. Memebers of the Angels will come from miles away to stand with one of their riding brothers. Messing with a cop, especially if you cross state lines, you will find everybody after you.

The Marshal Service doesn't hire wimps. The FBI has computer geeks to track you're every move. You'll have given them probable cause for a Federal warrant and they will track every purchase, cell phone call and all sorts of things you don't think of. Every City, State and County officer will be looking for you. Meter maids will knife your tires to slow you down.

Maybe you head to Mexico, Napoleonic Law prevails there since it was a French colony for a short time in the 19th Century. Just getting caught with a single bullet will put you in a Mexican prison. France is nothing compared to Mexico. The Federales in Mexico are not gentle with Gringos who are full of themselves.

Are there bad cops? Sure, I helped break a couple of them off the force when I had a badge. The idiots we elect make the laws. You want to mess with the people hired to enforce the laws. Do you do the job you are hired for? Maybe corporate policy is for you to ask "You want fries with that?" If I hire someone, I expect them to do the job they were hired to do. I had two predecessors in the job I have now. I'm not unreasonable but I expect the guys to do what their job entails. I'm right in there with them as I don't feel I can tell a man what to do if I can't do the job myself.

Why don't you try enforcing laws? You'll need police powers as set out in each States Constitution. That is set out as a State right, not Federal. I have little use for California. Then again, I don't live there. Like Socrates said, if you live in a society, you have to live by the rules of the society.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

[quote=grouch;134404]

quote]

The Constitution is based on English Common Law. The Magna Carta is where it began. If you don't like it here, why not go to France or Italy where Napoleonic Law prevails? You can ask Amada Knox about the results of Napoleonic Law.

You want to imprison a police officer because he's a police officer. By getting four men to help you, you're going to find out what the RICO statues are all about. Four or five armed men doing violence is gang activity.

Messing with the police, just because they're the police is a good way to find out how many problems you can give yourself. Messing with the cops is like messing with the Hell's Angels. You mess with one, you mess with all of them. If one needs help, he'll get help. Memebers of the Angels will come from miles away to stand with one of their riding brothers. Messing with a cop, especially if you cross state lines, you will find everybody after you.

The Marshal Service doesn't hire wimps. The FBI has computer geeks to track you're every move. You'll have given them probable cause for a Federal warrant and they will track every purchase, cell phone call and all sorts of things you don't think of. Every City, State and County officer will be looking for you. Meter maids will knife your tires to slow you down.

Maybe you head to Mexico, Napoleonic Law prevails there since it was a French colony for a short time in the 19th Century. Just getting caught with a single bullet will put you in a Mexican prison. France is nothing compared to Mexico. The Federales in Mexico are not gentle with Gringos who are full of themselves.

Are there bad cops? Sure, I helped break a couple of them off the force when I had a badge. The idiots we elect make the laws. You want to mess with the people hired to enforce the laws. Do you do the job you are hired for? Maybe corporate policy is for you to ask "You want fries with that?" If I hire someone, I expect them to do the job they were hired to do. I had two predecessors in the job I have now. I'm not unreasonable but I expect the guys to do what their job entails. I'm right in there with them as I don't feel I can tell a man what to do if I can't do the job myself.

Why don't you try enforcing laws? You'll need police powers as set out in each States Constitution. That is set out as a State right, not Federal. I have little use for California. Then again, I don't live there. Like Socrates said, if you live in a society, you have to live by the rules of the society.
    I like your comparison of cops to Hell's Angels. A criminal gang. Bingo! Thanks for making my point frightened little sheep. You're too easy.

And oh yes, what a cliche' you are: "if you don't like it here then why don't you leave?" How predictable from a sheep? Because unlike the little sheep you are, I - and millions of others - don't go along to get along in an abusive police state society. This is our country, why don't you go somewhere where it's easier for you to tell people what to do?

Bahahahahah little sheep, bahahahah LOL

[quote=grouch;134404]
    You'll need police powers as set out in each States Constitution. That is set out as a State right, not Federal. I have little use for California. Then again, I don't live there. Like Socrates said, if you live in a society, you have to live by the rules of the society.
    My question is what kind of Police Department / Officers would imprision people for having expired tags? How many other similiar violations occur everyday? Maybe you didn't renew your the vending machine license in your car repair shop? Maybe you don't have a license for your bicycle.

These DC cops are evil. Anyone that would go to this extent to enforce a noncriminal / administrative law is surely not far away from willing to be a guard at a Nazi death camp.

After all they are just following orders.

The Constitution prohibits 'cruel and unusual punishment'. I think that the actions of the DC Police Department fall under this category.

I think the people who decided to enforce this / the arresting officers should be fired!

[quote=doncoo;134410]

I like your comparison of cops to Hell's Angels. A criminal gang. Bingo! Thanks for making my point frightened little sheep. You're too easy.

Have you ever met a Hell's Angel? Not a poser, but an actual patched member? I've known a couple of them. Obviously we weren't close friends since I had a badge at the time. However, they are usually rather conservative type people. Most members you wouldn't know they were members without their vests. Yes, quite a few of the members have colorful pasts and more than a couple could best be described as rascals. On the other hand, they mainly want to be left alone. The motorcycle club (you called it a gang, not me) is rather notorious but they also got smart in the early 70's and trade marked their club name. They also donate a loy of toys to needy children.

You on the other hand, feel it's okay to blow through red lights if you feel like it. You want the benefits of American citizenship but you don't want to follow the rules. What have you done for the Country you call home? Have you served in the military? Been a volunteer fire fighter or police officer? Volunteered for the Red Cross? When a storm blows through do you pick through the rubble of smashed homes to see if you can help the residents? Ever help build an emergency sand bag dike to keep your neighbors house safe from encroaching flood waters? Maybe just pick up the trash that moochers off society throw from their cars and to hell with the residents?

You whine and snivel and call people sheep for nothing more than civic responsibility. You are a moocher. Pure and simple. I worked many a wreck (they weren't really accidents) caused by people like you. When you answer a call for help, and not from anybody you know, at 2 a.m. and it's up to you to make a life or death decision (literally), then maybe you'll be worth the life you have in this country. Until then, you are a moocher.
    Honk if you love Jesus.