To whom it may concern,

I’m writing to you again to express my shear outrage and disgust at the IRS for threatening me with mob style collection efforts for money you say I owe you.

I would like you to provide me with an itemized list of all the things you say I owe you for, because I don’t remember voluntarily purchasing anything from the government over the last couple of years.

I would also like to know how much credit I am going to get on my tax debt due to the $500 billion that the government lost on the tax payer financed loan to the failed energy company Solyndra. That was money taken off the dinner tables of honest, hard working Americans in this time of economic crisis and just thrown away by a reckless, fiscally irresponsible government. With that kind of blatant disregard for other people’s money, you should be ashamed of yourself even asking for more.

I would also like to know how much credit I am going to get on the $360 million the U.S. Army reported in August that it lost to corruption in Afghanistan.

I would also like to know how much credit I am going to get on the $6.6 billion U.S. Defense officials say is still unaccounted for in Iraq.

I would also like to know how much credit I am going to get on the $8.6 billion wasted on the now cancelled James Webb Space Telescope project at NASA.

I would also like to know how much credit I am going to get on the hundreds of billions wasted on a myriad of other government expenditures far too numerous to list here.

You people have some nerve trying to use fear and force to extort money out of honest, hard working people in the middle of the worst recession since the great depression. You threaten to garnish my wages and take money right out of my bank account. Or put another way: if I don’t give into your coercion then you will simply steal my money for your own ill gotten gain.

I find it even more appalling that those of you that do the “collection” for your organized crime bosses are paid with the money you manage to successfully collect. In other words dear IRS “customer service” person, regardless of what you’ve deluded yourself into believing: you are paid with money that is either extorted or stolen from people who earn that money from people who give it to them voluntarily because they produce something of value in our society. Everything you own, everything you do on a daily basis is paid for with stolen money. I guess it takes a certain kind of person to sleep at night knowing that; a certain kind of psychopath.

You have no idea what sorts of expenses people have on a daily basis that your convoluted and complex tax code doesn’t account for and we have absolutely no idea what our money is being used for or whether we benefit from it at all. In no other situation in our lives would we be expected to simply give someone our money and not insist on knowing exactly what we’re getting for it and if we want it at all.

We at home are expected to tighten our belts and be more fiscally responsible while the federal government has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt its fiscal irresponsibility almost on a daily basis. We are pinching pennies, counting coupons, working multiple jobs and watching every expenditure we make, but when it comes to the federal government you expect us to just simply give you however much money you say and not worry about what you’re using it for.

How do I account for that expenditure in my checkbook dear IRS “customer service” person?

Milk - $2.00
Rent - $906
Government payoff - $8000

Given the government’s track record of mismanagement and malfeasance what sane, responsible person would continue to give you money to waste when they’ve worked so hard to earn it and need it for their own families? Americans aren’t stupid, so stop treating us like we are.

If you want my money you are certainly going to have to come and take it by force because as a responsible father and single income provider of a family of four, I cannot demonstrate the sort of fiscal irresponsibility as you and your employer. If I run out of money, I cannot simply take more money from people by force. That’s called stealing and, unlike the federal government, I’ll go to jail for it; I cannot simply print more and pay my bills with the newly printed money like the Federal Reserve does for you. If I do that, I’m charged with counterfeiting and I will go to jail for it.

Funny how you continue to steal and print new money for your own nefarious use, and you say it’s legal but if I do the same thing, you consider me immoral and a criminal. The federal government does what it does with the consent of the people? Well I’m withdrawing my consent.

If you wish me to give you another dime voluntarily as is done in a civilized society then I want to know exactly what I’m paying for and I want to decide whether it benefits me and my family or not. I know what benefits us, you don’t.

Finally, due to the government’s fiscal irresponsibility over the course of my lifetime, they have accumulated a national debt of about $14 trillion. Money that I did not borrow or spend but yet am responsible for paying back. Does that make any sense to you? Would you be willing to pay off your neighbor’s credit card even if he said that he spent the money for the improvement of the neighborhood? Of course not, so why do I have to pay off the government’s debt? Who in their right mind believes that is just, moral or makes any sense at all?

My share of this debt comes to about $100,000. Why don’t you subtract what you say I “owe” you from that and then you’ll only owe me about $92,000.

In degust,
Don Cooper