Thread: Moved

Moved

Hay everybody, I have not been on much lately because we were preparing to move to Texas. We are now camping in the KOA in Montgomery, Texas and have put a deposit on an apartment nearby. We plan on renting untill our place in Connecticut sells. If everything goes well we should be in the apartment by friday. The weather has been good here but rain is very much needed as the lakes and reservoirs are drying up. I'll keep y'all posted on how things progress in getting a place to live and getting a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosts08ultra View Post
    Hay everybody, I have not been on much lately because we were preparing to move to Texas. We are now camping in the KOA in Montgomery, Texas and have put a deposit on an apartment nearby. We plan on renting untill our place in Connecticut sells. If everything goes well we should be in the apartment by friday. The weather has been good here but rain is very much needed as the lakes and reservoirs are drying up. I'll keep y'all posted on how things progress in getting a place to live and getting a job.
    Hey, Mark.

Good to see that you have not forgotten us. Hope that you and Belva get into your apartment before the rains come!

Best wishes for selling your Connecticut pad, so you can buy your own place, and hope you find a good job soon. Looking forward to hearing good news soon.

Khen.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Nice place out there! My mom used to live about 80 miles from where you're at.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

I'll keep y'all posted on how things progress in getting a place to live and getting a job.
    ================================================== ============
    Y'All? OMG you've been infected already!!

On a more serious note I know what a PITA it is to move so hope everything goes great and you guys are happy down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfrtbkr View Post
    I'll keep y'all posted on how things progress in getting a place to live and getting a job.
    ================================================== ============
    Y'All? OMG you've been infected already!!

On a more serious note I know what a PITA it is to move so hope everything goes great and you guys are happy down there.
    so far so good, we have found a rent and will be moving in Friday. After living in our bunkhouse camper for a couple weeks it'll feel good to have walls around us.

so far so good, we have found a rent and will be moving in Friday. After living in our bunkhouse camper for a couple weeks it'll feel good to have walls around us.
    Well, we have been in the apartment for a week and a half now and have been pretty busy getting setteled in and getting things done like getting our vehicles registered and changing insurance to suit Texas requirements. We went to get our licenses done today but with the new homeland security laws and licenses being used as a kind of federal ID, you need to have your birth certificate and social security card to get a license issued. I didn't have my SS card so I'll have to wait until mine gets here with the rest of my stuff coming from CT.
    We have made time pretty much every day to go for a ride exploring the area. Lots of two lane blacktop with 60 to 70 MPH speed limits through the piney woods of Texas. Just gotta watch out for when the blacktop ends and turns into rough dirt roads in the Sam Houston National Forest. LOL
    Next weekend we will be meeting my cousins in Galveston where there is a bike rally going on. I'm looking foward to that....

Staff
    Well, we have been in the apartment for a week and a half now and have been pretty busy getting setteled in and getting things done like getting our vehicles registered and changing insurance to suit Texas requirements. We went to get our licenses done today but with the new homeland security laws and licenses being used as a kind of federal ID, you need to have your birth certificate and social security card to get a license issued. I didn't have my SS card so I'll have to wait until mine gets here with the rest of my stuff coming from CT.
    We have made time pretty much every day to go for a ride exploring the area. Lots of two lane blacktop with 60 to 70 MPH speed limits through the piney woods of Texas. Just gotta watch out for when the blacktop ends and turns into rough dirt roads in the Sam Houston National Forest. LOL
    Next weekend we will be meeting my cousins in Galveston where there is a bike rally going on. I'm looking foward to that....

Isn't it great? I love Texas with its 70 mph speed limits on 2 lanes. I live in Houston. Nothing but traffic and concrete, but its fun to get out. I need to take a trip to Galveston next spring or summer. I like to travel to Austin to get away.