Thread: Opinions on Republican Debates?

Hybrid View

Opinions on Republican Debates?

I thought that a debate was among two sides. Not 6 or 8 sides/people.

It is 14 months till the election. IMO the Media is trivializing our already bankrupt political process another notch down.

The running of our country has been turned into a reality / entertainment event.

Let's see - the strongest, richest, influential country in the world is going to be run with 2 minute sound bytes. After all, who will want to listen to more?

I believe the Lincoln / Douglas debates were 3 hours.

Additionally, does anyone believe that we will actually have a significant change in our laws? As an example - Herman Cain wants the 9-9-9 plan. Good / bad / indifferent - do you think that the US Congress will actually vote for a sweeping change in our laws? Since it hasn't ever done so before.

Think about it - if you rewrite the tax code, to a flat, simple tax: this would eliminate the: IRS, many CPA's, tax prep services, tax attorneys, tax prep software - do you think these people and their special intrests will let this happen? Of course not.

When one considers this, I think it's obvious the only event that will right this current situation is failure. The election doesn't matter anymore.

Staff
    This whole process is terrible. Rigged polls, rigged elections, deliberate blackout of candidates, byzantine ballot access rules and a one party duopoly with duplicitious traitors running both sides.

Unless by some miracle, Ron Paul actually wins the primaries and then onto the general election, we are doomed.

The problem is that a technocratic police state threatens to strip us of our remaining constitutional rights.

TSA led VIPR teams are spreading across the land like wildfire, conducting searches of people's vehicles and demanding people be patted down to defeat terrorism.

It has been 10 years since the first "terrorist" attack on the US and they continue to push for more security.

We have lost the republic and teh average person is brain dead. I wish I could escape somewhere, but I'm pretty much screwed.

There will be a time when the rest of the world views Americans like we do Mexicans, if that time hasn't come already.

Paul wants to lower the Presidential salary to $40K.

At least he knows what he's worth. I guess he's banking on us selecting the lowest bidder?

To be clear: the gov does not run the country. They interfere in the economy and society. The president is charge of the executive branch of the gov, that's it and his job description is to protect, preserve and defend the constitution, period. When the president and the congress over step those legal limits then they skew the economy for the rest of us. They run up fiscially irresponsible debts and devalue the dollar. They increase the costs of production with regulations and taxes which drives jobs overseas.

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who understands economics, economic history, political history, the constitution and rights. He predicted the housing bubble the financial crisis while Bernanke and Obama both said the economy was fine. He's been right so many times it's become boring.

Only those who do not understand basic economics and the affects of the federal reserve would advocate anybody other than him. There are only two choices this election cycle: Ron Paul OR the same thing we've had for the last 50 years. And if the choice is the status quo then why hold the election? Just flip a coin every four years cause it doesn't matter who you put in there, they all believe in the same policies: warfare and welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    Paul wants to lower the Presidential salary to $40K.

At least he knows what he's worth. I guess he's banking on us selecting the lowest bidder?
    Ron is worth more than 40K, especially since he'd save hundreds of billions (At least) from spending cuts. Even if he were paid 40 MILLION a year it would be the best 40 million we'd ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    I thought that a debate was among two sides. Not 6 or 8 sides/people.

It is 14 months till the election. IMO the Media is trivializing our already bankrupt political process another notch down.

The running of our country has been turned into a reality / entertainment event.

Let's see - the strongest, richest, influential country in the world is going to be run with 2 minute sound bytes. After all, who will want to listen to more?

I believe the Lincoln / Douglas debates were 3 hours.

Additionally, does anyone believe that we will actually have a significant change in our laws? As an example - Herman Cain wants the 9-9-9 plan. Good / bad / indifferent - do you think that the US Congress will actually vote for a sweeping change in our laws? Since it hasn't ever done so before.

Think about it - if you rewrite the tax code, to a flat, simple tax: this would eliminate the: IRS, many CPA's, tax prep services, tax attorneys, tax prep software - do you think these people and their special intrests will let this happen? Of course not.

When one considers this, I think it's obvious the only event that will right this current situation is failure. The election doesn't matter anymore.
    No, I do not think the current Congress would vote for a sweeping change in our laws. They have too much to lose.

Regarding the elimination of the IRS: WooHoo! It needs to be abolished anyway, just as most federal take-your-money programs need to be abolished.

CPAs? I think they would welcome a simpler tax system. I know CPAs who have quit doing taxes altogether because they have become so complicated. There are plenty of other areas for CPAs to work in besides a tax specialty.

Agreed that failure is the best solution. That is what should happen, according to economic realities. Let the system fail and replace it with a better one: economic freedom unencumbered by government intervention.

If debates can give us financial security I'll join! It's just like a movie, entertains people and manipulate ideologies! Additionally, the U.S. Census releases an annual report of several things such as financial status from the previous years' information. This year's release, covering 2011, has just been released. Among other findings, the Census found poverty rates hardly changed and the median income declined, nationally.