Thread: There's no such thing as an "Officer Friendly"

There's no such thing as an "Officer Friendly"

My daughters have a cop that comes to their school and eats lunch with the kids regularly. He's clean shaven, has a perfectly parted, neat haircut, sharply pressed shirt, etc... Fits the "mold" perfectly for an indoctrinated gov't troll who is so afraid of life that he not only needs the gov't to tell him the difference between right and wrong but he has to be a part of the controlling apparatus to feel safe.

No doubt he's instilling the gov't indoctrinated mindset that "cops are friendly" in the kids while he's there. I can't think of any other reason why a cop would come off his beat to eat lunch with the kids. There are no firemen, or doctors, or entertainers or construction workers, just cops. Hmmm.

So of course my kids are taken by his words and tell me that "Officer Friendly" is a good cop. To which I say: really? Then why does he have a gun, a taser, pepper spray, a club and handcuffs? Why did he take an oath to "enforce the law" - using deadly force if necessary - even if the law violates people's rights?

Either he agrees with the laws that violate people's rights OR he doesn't agree with them but he is of such low moral character that he's willing to compromise his principles because he needs the job.

Either way: there's nothng "good" about Officer Friendly.
    Last edited by doncoo; 12-26-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Just to play devil's advocate (And yes, I know this thread is old as heck, but this is something I was thinking about recently.)

What if a cop were to "turn a blind eye" to bad laws being broken whenever he could? Is it even possible that such a cop could exist? And if there were such a cop, would he be a "good cop"?

In all seriousness though, I generally agree that pretty much all of them enforce unjust laws and thus they're all somewhat culpable. On the other hand, some of them seem like they're actively looking for people to beat up on a lot more so than other cops. Not saying that means there are any truly "good cops" but there are probably some who are generally decent people who have just been brainwashed or whatever.

That said, is the cop who imposes tyranny really more guilty than the people who voted for the thugs who pass those laws to begin with? Why or why not?

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    "What if a cop were to "turn a blind eye" to bad laws being broken whenever he could? Is it even possible that such a cop could exist? And if there were such a cop, would he be a "good cop"?"

I think the idea of a good cop is like the idea of an appetizing turd. It seems delusional to me. I taught my daughter to answer any question a cop asked her with "Call my dad". I don't trust cops to be around my daughter when I'm not there.
    Last edited by Ed; 11-25-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    "What if a cop were to "turn a blind eye" to bad laws being broken whenever he could? Is it even possible that such a cop could exist? And if there were such a cop, would he be a "good cop"?"

I think the idea of a good cop is like the idea of an appetizing turd. It seems delusional to me. I taught my daughter to answer any question a cop asked her with "Call my dad". I don't trust cops to be around my daughter when I'm not there.
    Unless I knew the cop personally I wouldn't either.

I don't think they're all "evil" in the traditional sense of that word though. Some probably mean well, much like many of the well-meaning people who vote for Republicans and Democrats. Its not an excuse though.

To me, the job they do is evil. It's about controlling people, which even God doesn't try to do. God leaves it to us to choose, which is why we have free will instead of being driven purely by instinct. So...seeing the job they do as evil, I consider them evildoers. Of course that's just my own opinion. I've been wrong plenty of times. ;-)

To me, the job they do is evil. It's about controlling people, which even God doesn't try to do. God leaves it to us to choose, which is why we have free will instead of being driven purely by instinct. So...seeing the job they do as evil, I consider them evildoers. Of course that's just my own opinion. I've been wrong plenty of times. ;-)
    Yeah, I agree that at least some parts of the job are evil.

That said, as a Calvinist, I don't believe in free will

The slippery slope when it comes to attempting to trust "good" cops is that bad cops know how to pretend to be good, just so they can fuck over you and your now snitched out friends. All cops are bad, period. The only "good" cops are ones that have quit working for the government and spread the message of freedom... so in my list of good cops there are 0. That said, I desperately want to believe there are good cops out there, but when you start looking at all the facts (the fact that if they just fucking quit and were nice people, life would be much better on planet earth) all cops can go fuck themselves. The ones who are "awake" and still remain employed by the government are the worst, because they know full well they work for a gang and their gang is extremely powerful thanks to their manipulative ways and threats of force. And these same cops know if they didn't have their gang to back them up, they would get a big dose of street justice if they attempted to enforce their bullshit opinions on the general public.

This reminds me of a story. I'm going to start by saying I am not a member of any gang, but I have respect for gangs that know to show respect to people who won't snitch them out, or show disrespect to them. This gang sometimes has people who become acquainted with them, sometimes making friends within the gang. These people (and sometimes they're even official members...) occasionally get on a powertrip and do stupid shit. If the gang finds out about this stupid shit and doesn't punish the person, I lose all respect for the gang. But they don't, the gang holds their own. Thanks to the sheeple public thinking "all gangs are bad" this gang doesn't get the proper respect they deserve and sheeple think that "without cops, gangs would take over!" as if that's a bad thing. Also, at least according to the stories I have heard from my grandparents, Las Vegas was awesome when it was run by the mafia. I can personally attest to the fact that now that Vegas is run by shithead corporations, it fucking sucks. Shitty service, over priced everything, and shitty food.

Never, ever trust the government. It's exactly what they need to control society (that is, all they need is just a little tiny bit of trust, then it's game on for them). I pay all my taxes and obey pretty much all laws (I saw "pretty much" because it is a fact that most people break the law at least a few times a day without even realizing it), but I only do so because I'd be sitting in a cage or underneath 6 feet of dirt if I didn't.
    Last edited by Jacob; 11-25-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Dammit I hate Las Vegas..

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    The slippery slope when it comes to attempting to trust "good" cops is that bad cops know how to pretend to be good, just so they can fuck over you and your now snitched out friends. All cops are bad, period. The only "good" cops are ones that have quit working for the government and spread the message of freedom... so in my list of good cops there are 0. That said, I desperately want to believe there are good cops out there, but when you start looking at all the facts (the fact that if they just fucking quit and were nice people, life would be much better on planet earth) all cops can go fuck themselves. The ones who are "awake" and still remain employed by the government are the worst, because they know full well they work for a gang and their gang is extremely powerful thanks to their manipulative ways and threats of force. And these same cops know if they didn't have their gang to back them up, they would get a big dose of street justice if they attempted to enforce their bullshit opinions on the general public.

This reminds me of a story. I'm going to start by saying I am not a member of any gang, but I have respect for gangs that know to show respect to people who won't snitch them out, or show disrespect to them. This gang sometimes has people who become acquainted with them, sometimes making friends within the gang. These people (and sometimes they're even official members...) occasionally get on a powertrip and do stupid shit. If the gang finds out about this stupid shit and doesn't punish the person, I lose all respect for the gang. But they don't, the gang holds their own. Thanks to the sheeple public thinking "all gangs are bad" this gang doesn't get the proper respect they deserve and sheeple think that "without cops, gangs would take over!" as if that's a bad thing. Also, at least according to the stories I have heard from my grandparents, Las Vegas was awesome when it was run by the mafia. I can personally attest to the fact that now that Vegas is run by shithead corporations, it fucking sucks. Shitty service, over priced everything, and shitty food.

Never, ever trust the government. It's exactly what they need to control society (that is, all they need is just a little tiny bit of trust, then it's game on for them). I pay all my taxes and obey pretty much all laws (I saw "pretty much" because it is a fact that most people break the law at least a few times a day without even realizing it), but I only do so because I'd be sitting in a cage or underneath 6 feet of dirt if I didn't.
    oh, I'm not saying trust any of them. There's no cop I'd talk to more than I had to while he was in uniform. There's no cop that I'd trust with the knowledge that I'd broken some law. All I'm saying is I don't think all of them are out and out sociopaths.

Wow... even on RonPaulForums I'm in the "Anti-Cop" crowd for the most part, let alone in the general population. But this place almost makes me seem like an apologist. Believe me, I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post

as a Calvinist, I don't believe in free will
    Aaaahh, but free will believes in you. ;-)

"I can personally attest to the fact that now that Vegas is run by shithead corporations, it fucking sucks. Shitty service, over priced everything, and shitty food."

And don't forget, cops who will beat you half to death while you're handcuffed. Vegas cops are vicious.

"Wow... even on RonPaulForums I'm in the "Anti-Cop" crowd for the most part, let alone in the general population. But this place almost makes me seem like an apologist. Believe me, I'm not."

There are a few ex-cops among the regulars at EPAutos, JoePA and Garysco. I'm not sure about the forum members, though it looks like the forum has been mostly unused for several years. I've distrusted cops since I was a child. If you grew up poor in the South, you saw how cops were openly biased toward one particular stratum of society. Not being in that stratum, I was never one to trust the enforcers.

Nothing I've seen since, and I'm 61 years old, has given me any reason to trust cops anywhere I've lived or traveled. I don't hate them, I just know full well that the job they do requires them to be amoral and dishonest. My daughter was convicted of possession of pot because her boyfriend had a tiny amount on his person. She wasn't charged when he was because she simply kept repeating to the arrestor "Call my Dad". He did call me and I came down and picked her up.

The cop talked the boy into "taking responsibility" so he went to court without a lawyer and pled guilty to two charges: posession of pot and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Once he pled to contributing, the county prosecutor charged my daughter on a juvenile delinquency pot posession charge, 3 months after the fact of her release without charges. This put her into the juvenile court system where there are no juries, and the judge simply rubber stamps whatever the prosecutor charges.

The attorney I hired for her showed us the field manual for the county police, which instructs the cops to pursue "constructed charges" through the prosecutor's office. A constructed charge is a charge simply made up out of the whole cloth; in other words, a lie. To me, anyone who will participate in such a system is simply not to be trusted on any level.

I do hope that your opinion of cops doesn't lead you into a situation where you regret having given one of them the benefit of the doubt.

Aaaahh, but free will believes in you. ;-)
    Free will... what a myth...

"Wow... even on RonPaulForums I'm in the "Anti-Cop" crowd for the most part, let alone in the general population. But this place almost makes me seem like an apologist. Believe me, I'm not."

There are a few ex-cops among the regulars at EPAutos, JoePA and Garysco. I'm not sure about the forum members, though it looks like the forum has been mostly unused for several years. I've distrusted cops since I was a child. If you grew up poor in the South, you saw how cops were openly biased toward one particular stratum of society. Not being in that stratum, I was never one to trust the enforcers.

Nothing I've seen since, and I'm 61 years old, has given me any reason to trust cops anywhere I've lived or traveled. I don't hate them, I just know full well that the job they do requires them to be amoral and dishonest. My daughter was convicted of possession of pot because her boyfriend had a tiny amount on his person. She wasn't charged when he was because she simply kept repeating to the arrestor "Call my Dad". He did call me and I came down and picked her up.

The cop talked the boy into "taking responsibility" so he went to court without a lawyer and pled guilty to two charges: posession of pot and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Once he pled to contributing, the county prosecutor charged my daughter on a juvenile delinquency pot posession charge, 3 months after the fact of her release without charges. This put her into the juvenile court system where there are no juries, and the judge simply rubber stamps whatever the prosecutor charges.

The attorney I hired for her showed us the field manual for the county police, which instructs the cops to pursue "constructed charges" through the prosecutor's office. A constructed charge is a charge simply made up out of the whole cloth; in other words, a lie. To me, anyone who will participate in such a system is simply not to be trusted on any level.

I do hope that your opinion of cops doesn't lead you into a situation where you regret having given one of them the benefit of the doubt.
    Oh, I don't trust them. I know there are a few in oathkeepers and stuff like that, who I presume at least mean well, but I wouldn't ever trust a cop in uniform. No way.

I've heard too many horror stories.

All I'm saying is that I think some of them are well-meaning people, not that that makes them "good".

I also have no doubt any future child of mine will probably have an even lower opinion of police than I do, because they will grow up with at least one anarcho-capitalist parent. I grew up in conservatism and learned myself. Its a process.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I also have no doubt any future child of mine will probably have an even lower opinion of police than I do, because they will grow up with at least one anarcho-capitalist parent. I grew up in conservatism and learned myself. Its a process.
    I worry that my kids will distrust authority so much that they will end up on a wanted list. I had to learn the truth about cops the hard way, as did my parents. I tried to make sure my kids knew two important rules: never call the cops, and never ever ever talk to the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC View Post
    I worry that my kids will distrust authority so much that they will end up on a wanted list. I had to learn the truth about cops the hard way, as did my parents. I tried to make sure my kids knew two important rules: never call the cops, and never ever ever talk to the cops.
    I guess I'm lucky, I learned from the internet.