Thread: Bonneville Windshield

Bonneville Windshield

After purchasing a Triumph Bonneville a little over a year ago I found that suitable fairings and windshields for the bike are almost nonexistent. Triumph offers a micro fairing but it didn't look big enough to do much good. After a lot of measuring and guesswork I finally found a generic windshield at Dennis Kirk that fits snugly between the fly screen and speedometer. The low resolution attachment may not be good enough to show that I drilled the fly screen and windshield and bolted the two together for added strength. Thick rubber washers were used to avoid cracking and vibration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    After purchasing a Triumph Bonneville a little over a year ago I found that suitable fairings and windshields for the bike are almost nonexistent. Triumph offers a micro fairing but it didn't look big enough to do much good. After a lot of measuring and guesswork I finally found a generic windshield at Dennis Kirk that fits snugly between the fly screen and speedometer. The low resolution attachment may not be good enough to show that I drilled the fly screen and windshield and bolted the two together for added strength. Thick rubber washers were used to avoid cracking and vibration.
    From what I can see zooming in onto the picture that looks like a very neat and professional looking fitment, Marc. For a good range of custom goodies - including screens - for the Bonneville, have a look at the link below.

http://www.british-customs.com/triumph-bonneville-t100/

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Thanks

Ken, thanks for the compliment and link. I'll check it out. You might get a kick out of seeing my old 1970 Bonneville which I unfortunately sold quite some time ago. Hindsight is always perfect - I wish that I had been able to keep all of my previous bikes including my first, a Honda Super 90. That bike was my first set of wheels and spelled pure freedom for a sixteen year old.
    http://rightlight-marc.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Ken, thanks for the compliment and link. I'll check it out. You might get a kick out of seeing my old 1970 Bonneville which I unfortunately sold quite some time ago. Hindsight is always perfect - I wish that I had been able to keep all of my previous bikes including my first, a Honda Super 90. That bike was my first set of wheels and spelled pure freedom for a sixteen year old.
    http://rightlight-marc.blogspot.com
    Good picture of your Bonny, Marc. That was no pretty pretty pansy 'bike, it loooks like a 'bike that was ridden and enjoyed.

Old 'bikes - yep I wish I still had some of mine. CS1 OHC Norton circa 1938 I guess, Sunbeam S8, Sunbeam B23S, HRD Vincent TT Comet with the bronze head, my old favourite Triumph Tiger 110, BSA A7 with Star Twin internals, Douglas 80 and 90 Plusses. The list goes on but these few alone would be worth a small fortune now in the condition they were when I had them. And they were all well ridden, in those days my 'bikes were my only form of transport and 30 to 50 thousand miles a year was usual as they were used for pleasure as well as commuting to and from work every day.

Happy, happy days.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

You've owned some real classics! I've come to a similar conclusion. The best financial investment in the world would have been to buy and store as many diverse motorcycles as possible.

The shot of my old Bonneville was taken while I was making a return trip to Chicago from Denver. The round trip was something like 1,800 miles give or take 100 miles. I saw a nice BSA Lightening along the way. Man, they were nice looking motorcycles.

Triumph magazine just ran an illustrated article on world motorcycle traveler Ted Simon. Apparently, they're backing his next venture. You might find this interesting. jupiterstravellers.org.