Thread: Obama follows Ron Paul's lead and wants to get rid of the Dept. of Commerce

Obama follows Ron Paul's lead and wants to get rid of the Dept. of Commerce

Well, well, well. What do we have here? Nobody in my lifetime has ever talked about getting rid of a cabinet level dept. Just the opposite in fact. They kept being created.

But now Ron Paul has made it clear that he plans, as president, to get rid of 5 cabinet level dept.'s, one of which would be - drumroll please - the Dept. of Commerce.

Now Obama, who has NEVER even so much as mentioned anything of the sort wants to do the same.

It would seem that Ron Paul is already shaping the policies in the executive branch, might as well give him the office as well!

Ron Paul r3VOLution baby!

Thumbs up

A comment on a story reported in yahoo

EricWichita, Kansas • 1 day 3 hrs ago
    When Ron Paul might actually have been "an x-factor", the corporate media ignored him completely. Now that he's locked in a two-man race, he's promoted to "x-factor" status.

I can't wait until November 13 when the same media shills admit that President-elect Paul "might have a chance".
    It is nice to see Ron Paul have an influence on the debate and changes in government.

I would love to see Ron Paul as the republican nominee in the summer and the next president of the USA this November.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Hmm...that is not the way I understand Obama's intent. What I understand is that Obama wants Congress to give him the authority to combine several departments into one, thereby creating a mega-department (aka: new agency) that deals with their duties. Some of the duties of the Department of Commerce would be the responsibility of this new agency and some would be delegated to other entities.

It is not similar to Ron Paul's idea at all. Obama's plan is to shift the duties of the Commerce Department into another agency. Paul's plan is to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    Hmm...that is not the way I understand Obama's intent. What I understand is that Obama wants Congress to give him the authority to combine several departments into one, thereby creating a mega-department (aka: new agency) that deals with their duties. Some of the duties of the Department of Commerce would be the responsibility of this new agency and some would be delegated to other entities.

It is not similar to Ron Paul's idea at all. Obama's plan is to shift the duties of the Commerce Department into another agency. Paul's plan is to get rid of it.
    Obama said in a speech - I'll try to find the video - that he did indeed want to eliminate some 6000 jobs with this consolidation in an effort to "rein in" the budget.

He can't, however, come out and address it the same way that Ron Paul does. He has to make it sound like he's cutting costs and the budget but at the same time not alienating his base of supporters who of course would be opposed to such a thing.

He's a professional politician and his double-speak is good. He realizes that independents and democrats are attracted to Ron Paul and he is trying to sway them back.

Of ALL the departments, he picks one that is on the top of Ron Paul's list?

It doesn't matter. Obama will say anything.