Thread: Rocket Man and the Acabion

Rocket Man and the Acabion

While America has been busy turning other countries and its own economy into rubble, the Swiss have given us Rocket Man and the Acabion. It looks like this internal combustion model is no longer being made. Their web site indicates that they are now making pure electric vehicles of varying power. The top of the line 200KW model has a top speed of 341MPH. I don't know how the company is doing but their vehicles sure look cool. If they allow test drives I would promise to keep the speed to under 300MPH, honest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    While America has been busy turning other countries and its own economy into rubble, the Swiss have given us Rocket Man and the Acabion. It looks like this internal combustion model is no longer being made. Their web site indicates that they are now making pure electric vehicles of varying power. The top of the line 200KW model has a top speed of 341MPH. I don't know how the company is doing but their vehicles sure look cool. If they allow test drives I would promise to keep the speed to under 300MPH, honest.
    I'd quite like to try out one myself. Their Hayabusa turbo engined version was turning out 750 bhp and 340mph, rev limiter capped, in 2008, so they have been around for some time. It was also very fuel efficient - 100 mpg at 100 mph was claimed. 0 - 300 mph was claimed in 30 secs.

With all the problems of (alleged) limited oil supplies and the colossal price of gas I could not understand why restrictions were placed on 'bikes to ban full streamlining. The reduction in drag - which is the real speed and acceleration killer - would be massive, fuel consumption would probably be halved, demand on oil supplies would be reduced. My little CBR6RR would probably be down in the 2 second 0-60 bracket with a top speed of 200 mph plus if they would permit full streamliners in the UK.

If Acabion have developed good electric technology (I have no info) particularly if it is based on Hydrogen cell power, they could be onto a real winner - but don't ask the price the Hayabusa engined GTBO was way over a million bucks and electric power is probably going to be dearer than that.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.