Thread: Another self inflicted death, another new law.

Another self inflicted death, another new law.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ving-laws.html

Taylor Sauer, a teenager who was texting every 90 seconds during her four-hour commute from Utah State University to her parents’ home on January 14, made a fatal mistake while behind the wheel.
    Her prolific last text was ‘Driving and facebooking is not safe! Haha.’ Seconds later, she slammed into a tanker truck at 80mph.
    Now, Ms Sauer’s grieving parents are hoping to use their daughter’s tragic story as a way to change driving laws, and make texting while driving in Idaho illegal.

It is the daily fail, but I figure they got the basics of 'texting teen runs into back of truck, parents seek new law' correct.

What to they expect the government's police to do here? Monitor everyone? New gadgets from automakers to block cell phones? (yes, it has been proposed) I don't get it. Do they just want to feel better by blaming the state for not doing the instruction a parent should have done? Do they think the violence of the state replaces parental discipline or good sense learned from upbringing?

Texting and driving is no joke. Tell you what's even harder, listening to Eric bitch about server speed and hosting while going down the highway! Ha

I do that with bluetooth though!

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ving-laws.html

Taylor Sauer, a teenager who was texting every 90 seconds during her four-hour commute from Utah State University to her parents’ home on January 14, made a fatal mistake while behind the wheel.
    Her prolific last text was ‘Driving and facebooking is not safe! Haha.’ Seconds later, she slammed into a tanker truck at 80mph.
    Now, Ms Sauer’s grieving parents are hoping to use their daughter’s tragic story as a way to change driving laws, and make texting while driving in Idaho illegal.

It is the daily fail, but I figure they got the basics of 'texting teen runs into back of truck, parents seek new law' correct.

What to they expect the government's police to do here? Monitor everyone? New gadgets from automakers to block cell phones? (yes, it has been proposed) I don't get it. Do they just want to feel better by blaming the state for not doing the instruction a parent should have done? Do they think the violence of the state replaces parental discipline or good sense learned from upbringing?

Correct. The gov't will never let a good crisis go to waste. Nobody is responsible for themselves anymore. Any problem should be solved by the gov't and it will only cost you your soul.

A few years ago, a young girl locally took a 30 mph curve at over 60. She was killed. Her parents got the county to pave that curve with extra grippy pavement. Yes, it works better. Do double the speed limit and you're still going off the road. She may have been going faster when she went into the turn but the speedometer was smashed and stuck at 60.

I've said it before repeatedly and I'll say it again, cars are getting too easy to drive. I recently sold a Dakota pickup with manual transmission. It's amazing the difference between it and my slightly newer Taurus.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.