Thread: NJ Clamps Down on Slow Clovers

NJ Clamps Down on Slow Clovers

State Senator Donald Norcross (D) has sponsored a bill that would toughen the penalties for clogging the left lane.

"Being trapped behind a slower vehicle is one of the biggest triggers for road rage," he told the Philadelphia Inquirer last week. "Some people have told me the fines we're proposing are not high enough. They said, 'It should be execution.'".

Not one to get carried away, Norcross's bill merely proposes an increase in the minimum penalty from $50 to $100 and a boost in the maximum penalty from $100 to $300. The state's Senate Transportation Committee approved the measure last week in a 3-1 vote, and Senate Bill 530 should reach the state's Senate floor within the next two weeks.

Police officers wrote 5,127 tickets in 2011 under the state's existing failure-to-keep-right laws.

http://autos.aol.com/article/new-jer...est=latestnews

That is the best news I've heard all day! It's a great start!

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Great, now can they please help my NY legislators see the light? The one and only reason I occassionally support gun control is because, if I could, I would mount twin gatling guns on my car and kill anyone going too slow.

It mostly affects my evening commute, but it's more frustrating in the morning because I see delays forming for no other reason than some dipshit doing 40mph in the right lane. Then these pricks congregate and drive next to each other for miles on end. You'd think they would notice the 1200 or so cars that fly past them at 70 whenever the slightest gap allows people to pass. I've driven in a lot of states and couple places in Europe. NY traffic, or more specifically Long Island traffic to me is the most frustrating because it is the result of stupidity and cloverism more than anything else. And God forbid a drop of water hit the road, you can guarantee a drive that would normally take 20 minutes will take 2 hours or more.