Thread: They're back!!!!!

They're back!!!!!

I have to wonder how stubborn and stupid people can be. The Birthers are back. Now they want to impeach the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court if he swears Obama in for a second term. The reason? Obamas father was not an American. So what! The Constitution states the President must be a natural born citizen. It says nothing about the Presidents parents. I'll bet if we look, may former Presidents had parents or grand parents that were immigrants. Big Fat Hairy Deal! Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico.

Obama is the President. Period. Whether we like it or not, that's the way it is. We have enough other problems that need attention that wasting time and resources on a non-issue is useless.We have a great country. Let's keep it that way and get to work, not listen to crybabies.
    Last edited by grouch; 01-08-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: I kant spel wurth a durn.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

I've seen a number of things on BHO's background. There can only be one conclusion at this point, his background is as sketchy as it could possibly be. There's even reasonable doubt on who his actual biological father is. I know no ordinary american could get through life these days with such sketchy documentation. But then again ordinary americans don't come from families heavily linked to the CIA.

But I agree that ultimately he is dear leader now, regardless of where he comes from and how he was chosen to wear the suit and play this role. Also agree that it wouldn't be any different with Romney or any other Johnny Bravo* that the system chose to put in front of us.

*per the episode of the Brady Bunch ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0531070/ )

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Grouch, the birthers have a valid point: a sitting president who wasn't qualified to run for the office attained the office by fraud and could/should be removed from office. It isn't that Obomber's father wasn't American, it's that Obomber himself is likely not a natural born citizen, as the qualification stands. Isn't it bad enough that we have only a choice between two indistinguishable puppets in an election? Should we also just eliminate or ignore the qualifications for office as established in the Constitution?

You're oversimplifying the birthers' reason for opposing Obomber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Grouch, the birthers have a valid point: a sitting president who wasn't qualified to run for the office attained the office by fraud and could/should be removed from office. It isn't that Obomber's father wasn't American, it's that Obomber himself is likely not a natural born citizen, as the qualification stands. Isn't it bad enough that we have only a choice between two indistinguishable puppets in an election? Should we also just eliminate or ignore the qualifications for office as established in the Constitution?

You're oversimplifying the birthers' reason for opposing Obomber.

Obama fits the qualifications. Hawaii bent the rules to show his birth certificate and also the supporting forms that are not normally shown to the public. The election commission, which is bipartisan, agreed he is a natural born Amercan citizen. That is really the only qualification needed. I remember when the Nixon committee had the South Vietnamese government hold up peace talks so Nixon could get them a better deal. Had Johnson wanted to push it, that would have qualified as treason. Go back farther and Harding had the good grace to die in office before his graft and corruption became well known. Go farther back and Milard Filmore didn't even have a vice president for part of his presidency.

One of the birthers ran for Congress and, unfortunately, won. I was with my elderly mother as he was campaining. He pointed across at some livestock and said we need to develop less flatulent cattle. It would have been more compelling if he wasn't pointing at a bunch of pigs.

It's just the Fuhrer principle at work. Lie often enough and people will believe it. John Kerry had to deal with "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth". It was financed by a Republican Billionaire. It had twice the number of members than actually served in the brown water Navy. A friend of mine spent 18 fun months on the river in Vietnam. He didn't know any of the people that were spokesmen for them. Most of the people I saw would have been around 10 when they served.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    "
    Obama fits the qualifications. Hawaii bent the rules to show his birth certificate and also the supporting forms that are not normally shown to the public. The election commission, which is bipartisan, agreed he is a natural born Amercan citizen. That is really the only qualification needed."

Believe what you like. If the TV version suits you, go with it. No valid birth certificate has ever been submitted, period. No valid "supporting forms" have ever been made public either. You're the one making all these clams, so it's on you to post links to what you're claiming. Otherwise, simply calling people ridiculous sounding names such as 'birther' proves nothing. Dragging up examples of historical non-sequitors fails also.

Ball's in your court. Show something, if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    "
    Obama fits the qualifications. Hawaii bent the rules to show his birth certificate and also the supporting forms that are not normally shown to the public. The election commission, which is bipartisan, agreed he is a natural born Amercan citizen. That is really the only qualification needed."

Believe what you like. If the TV version suits you, go with it. No valid birth certificate has ever been submitted, period. No valid "supporting forms" have ever been made public either. You're the one making all these clams, so it's on you to post links to what you're claiming. Otherwise, simply calling people ridiculous sounding names such as 'birther' proves nothing. Dragging up examples of historical non-sequitors fails also.

Ball's in your court. Show something, if you have it.

Hmmmm.....The state of Hawaii, the federal Election Commission and numerous news organisations have all studied his birth certificate. One commentator on Fox was told it was valid by his network and told to go onto something else. Now, fox is owned by NewsCorp which is owned by Rupert Murdoch. He's an antigun Australian who is way ahead of Randolph Hearst when it comes to yellow journalism. When his company says to move on, that means they can't find any reason to keep flogging a dead horse. Ol' Rupert will do anything to support the Republicans as they are the ones who changed the FCC rules forbiding foreign ownership os US media outlets. They tool care of him and he takes care of them.

Rupert even was pushing the short lived effort to amend the Constitution so the Governor of Kalifonia, Arnold Swartzeneger could run for President. About 3 weeks after they started, his affair became public and that faded away.

I am Conservative. In some ways, I think the John Birch Society is liberal. I am NOT a Republican as they are not, and haven't been for some time, Conservative. GOP stands for "Greedy Old Politicians" in my book. If Dwight Eisenhower or Ronald Reagan were to try to run on the Republican platform today, they wouldn't have a chance. Abraham Lincoln would be laughed out of any convention.

Whether you think President Obama is the greatest hero or the greatest villain to come down the pike in a long time, he is the President. It doesn't matter whether I like it or not. People bringing up old stories that had no basis in fact do nothing but waste the time of the Government. They don't need help for that, they have it down to a science. Look at the shut down we have now. It didn't work in the 90's and it won't work now.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

This thread is now going to have its political heat turned up (in a civil way)...

Every president after JFK has been a puppet for the banking cartel that is very much succeeding in taking over the world (NWO). It's too bad the birthers argument didn't stick, because Obama needs to go. Of course he'll just be replaced by another puppet, but hopefully the next puppet won't be able to pull off as much bullshit as Obama. I'm at least glad to see the public shot down his attempt at WW3.

http://youtu.be/z-sdO6pwVHQ

This countries problems ("our" problems...) are not going to be solved by rolling over and accepting douchebag as our president. I'll stand by anyone who wants to get Obama out, anyone that is, except the government who likes to pretend that there is a difference with any of these puppets. That said, I think the birthers just want a white person in office, not someone who would actually make a change (like Ron Paul) but I agree with them on the fact that Obama should not be president.