Thread: If you wish to subscribe to this Forum.

Hybrid View

If you wish to subscribe to this Forum.

Due to the excessive amount of Spam postings, literally hundreds a day, on-line registration to this forum has been stopped by Forum Administration.

If you wish to join us - and genuine posters are most welcome - please contact us using the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of the page. Give us salient details as below, and if we are satisfied that the request is genuine we will open an account for you and let you know.

a) User Name - User names must be recognizable names or nicknames - cdky_fu, or similar will not be accepted.
    b) E-mail Address - Personal email addresses only to be used, Company email addresses, especially those linked to commercial sales sites are not acceptable.

c) Birth Date - A correct date of birth is to be given. The request to join date is not acceptable. Birth dates may be hidden, if desired, but will be checked for viability.
    d) Biography - Biography means just that. Limited details of gender, and salient personal facts should be given. E.G. Male, mechanic, nearing retirement.
    e) Location means what it says. Potential users giving location as 'XXX', when our routine check shows them living in 'YYY' will not be authorised.
    f) Interests - Interests should give some indication of the users interests. E.G. Biking, fine food, ancient buildings etc., etc..
    g) Occupation - Occupation may be given (preferred) or left blank. 'Retired' is acceptable as an occupation. 'Retired ex-IT Manager' is even more explanatory.

No one will be authorised until the above information is given to an acceptable standard.

PLEASE NOTE;
    i) Spam posting is strictly forbidden.
    ii) Advertising, in posts, threads or signatures is not permitted.
    iii) Websites may be referenced within posts only if directly relevant to, and in support of the particular thread.
    iv) All posts are to be in UK or US English unless the use of a non-English language is relevant to the thread and the posts within it.

Posters infringing i) to iv) above will be banned immediately and permanently.
    Last edited by Ken; 02-21-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Actually we can make due with just A and B. The rest ya'll can fill out once the account is created. Thanks!

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

No problem, Dom. The majority of the things in my list were to give me the chance to find out whether or not the intending poster was genuine or not. I check on the given 'dwelling' location, the ISP, ISP location and any websites given. It was surprising how often someone saying they were in (say) Nevada turned out to have a Russian ISP, a website based just outside Moscow and a poor understanding of US/UK English. They can run but they can't hide.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Thanks Ken.

I spent about two hours last night going thru server stats/logs and banning network ranges and ip addresses.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Thanks Ken.

I spent about two hours last night going thru server stats/logs and banning network ranges and ip addresses.
    What we need (for Website Administration use only) is a special button on our keyboards that, when pressed with extreme prejudice, would zap the offending IP Address (PC/Mac/Laptop) with 150,000 volts. Bet they would soon either stick to the rules or give up.

Khen.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Ken,

That (150,000 volts) could be enlightening to some, but there are some people that can not be reached.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Ken,

That (150,000 volts) could be enlightening to some, but there are some people that can not be reached.
    A good, although shocking, point, Anthony. In such cases I would have to invoke a long practised family curse, effective down to the fifth generation, which will turn their daughters into bloated toads and their sons into impotent sea-cucumbers. Mind you, wallowing in their own primaeval ooze, they probably wouldn't notice any difference.

Ken..
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.