Thread: Wow! I've never seen this happen before!

Wow! I've never seen this happen before!

I've been around garages and cars all my life. I've seen dyno testing before and I've seen cars that sort of.....fell off. I've never seen this happen before though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfNq8...layer_embedded
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

What exactly caused that to occur? I thought the engine might self destruct, since I saw some smoke in the video. I did not expect the car to fall off the rollers.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Freezing the vid at about 56 seconds shows a very spectacular fireworks display. Looks like something overheated/seized very dramatically.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

I suspect someone was doing some maintenance on the dynomometer and didn't tighten something to spec. It looks to me like the right side of the dyno came apart slipping out from under the car. I've seen poorly strapped cars fall off, but the dyno usually doesn't move.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Looks like a portable dyno to me - the box the car was strapped to was on castors.