Thread: Alright, I need some serious advice this time.

Alright, I need some serious advice this time.

September 7th, 2013: I am driving, come up behind a slow moving Ford ranger. Think nothing of it, just another clover, and keep driving. We get to the stop sign, and before she drives away, she gives me the finger. Why? Who the fuck knows. It pissed me off though. I'm betting she didn't think I would follow her, as most people don't go that way. Anyway, she drives very slowly, until of course, we get to my passing zone, where she brings it up to 60+mph. We get past the passing zone, and its a purposeful crawl until we part ways. This was the first time I've ever been on the road with her.

Today, October 30th, 2013: Meet her again. She slams on her brakes at the stop sign, trying to get me to hit her (attempted insurance fraud?). After that fails, she looks at me in the rear-view mirror, going approximately 1mph, gives me the finger, then waves, then one more finger before she drives off. I return those gestures.
    I attempt to pass her, she blocks me (aggressive, reckless driving?). I wait behind her, before finally passing her before she can turn off.

I have the plates. AND I have all this on video, by the way. I will put both on clover cam depending on the responses I get here. What action should I take? I don't want to deal with this anymore. Twice was enough. Advice? What should I do when we meet again? Because she's going to be fuming over my 1up of passing her.

Thanks
    -Brandonjin

Just send a video copy, with covering letter, to the local fuzz. Then, if they are anything like as effective as they are over here, just forget it as nothing will happen. At least you will get some satisfaction from the fact that you actually did something, unlike the moaning majority who fume but take no action. Remember, all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Ken.

Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

"Remember, all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

That's a good point. I want to. My one worry over doing this, is that, when I passed her, it wasn't over a double yellow line, but the legality of it is questionable. So I don't really want this to come back and bite me.

You've got video - I'll bet she hasn't. Your words and video against her unsubstantiated comments.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

So, should I cut the part of the video containing my questionable pass?

If you can justify the move then, no, leave it in. Just remember that videos that have been doctored are readily recognisable. Otherwise just reduce it to the clips that show the other driver's questionable/offensive/dangerous activity.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

I will simply end the video before my pass. I cannot justify it, simply wanted to. Going to sleep on the decision, though I'll probably file a report. Thanks for the help Ken.