Thread: When and how did you "wake up" to government tyranny?

When and how did you "wake up" to government tyranny?

Perhaps you reading this are still "asleep", and if that's the case then hopefully my story and others will help you see the light, so to speak.

I graduated high school in 2006. I only say this to give perspective to others about my point of view.

I've always watched the news but until I officially "woke up" around the tenth anniversary of 9/11 I never acknowledged just how deep the corruption in this country ran. (state run media, government false flags, NWO takeover of this country, etc) But let me skip back in time a little bit:

I remember actually wanting Obama to win the 2008 election because I thought George Bush and the republicans had screwed the country up so bad (before 08' I suppose I considered myself a Republican leaning independent). After Obama got elected in 08' I thought "whew, thank god! Weed is going to be legalized and things are going to start changing for the better." ....then came Obamacare in 2009. Although I hated the thought of Obamacare I told myself, "screw it, I'm just going to ignore politics and focus on my own life" and I was able to do so rather well until the tenth anniversary of 9/11. Before 9/11/2011 I believed the official story about 9/11. During the tenth anniversary youtube was showing tons of video clips about 9/11 and I watched them for hours. Crying in front of my computer at the phone calls desperate people trapped in the towers were making, watching people throw themselves out of the buildings, etc...... This was what it was until I watched one video of the "waving woman". I forget which tower she was in (and you can google image search her if you don't know the "waving woman on 9/11" I'm talking about) but she was someone who was standing in the airplane hole in one of the towers waving for help. Then I thought "wait a minute... if there were temperatures hot enough to bend/melt steel going on around her, how the hell is she able to stand in that hole and survive?".....Then I started watching the conspiracy theory videos. I also started following the Ron Paul campaign. Watching Ron Paul get smeared and silenced by the media only proved a lot of the conspiracy theory videos I was watching true.

Ever since then I cannot go "back to sleep". The government staged 9/11 as a false flag, the government run media purposely shut out Ron Paul, and "we" in this country are completely screwed because not enough people are "awake".

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Hey, Jacob. I was awakened somewhat in the 70s by a book called "Coming into the Country" about people who had moved to the bush country in Alaska looking for an alternative life to what had become the norm in American society. Finding out what the people in the book meant by "Posse Comitatus" (the early pushback group), panning for gold because of the absence of any backing for our money, and self-sufficient living was pretty eye-opening. As far as any ongoing political awakening goes, it mainly started in the mid 1980s. That's when I became so thoroughly disgusted with TV news and the sameness of the print media. Talk Radio came along and I wasn't interested because it only seemed to offer a few voices who questioned anything.

There were books to be had, if you knew where to look, but none were promoted in the mainstream print media or TV. I did find out about the LP and started being involved a little in their movement, but it wasn't until the internet became accessible to me in '94 that I really started being exposed to writings that woke me up. Anyway, now I'm an old curmudgeon who has heard so much for so long that I sometimes forget that most people are just now beginning to wake up. I'm often impatient and apt to flame people when I should just take it easy on the people who are just now neginning to realize that there are things going on that aren't reported on TV and in mainstream print outlets.

I might still be asleep because I don't necessarily think 9/11 was a false flag. Right now I hold to the blowback theory. But it really doesn't matter. The bottom line is that it doesn't have crap to do with "our freedoms" and war is fundamentally anti-life and anti-liberty.

I don't know exactly when I "woke up." It was a process, of sorts. Ron Paul started the ball rolling, LRC kept it going. And seeing the police abuse stories every other day is getting to me, I think.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    David, for me, the procees of awakening is an ongoing thing. I'm prestty sure I'm not all the way awake, either.