Thread: Behind the scenes with Ron Paul

Lightbulb Behind the scenes with Ron Paul

Ron Paul is one of the main reasons I have fully awoken to government tyranny. I love him for all his work. That said, I think he has sold out since losing the 2012 election. The more I think about it, the less I think it is him selling out, but the powers that be forcing him into seclusion. He was at the forefront of the freedom movement up until his son, Rand Paul, came out and publicly endorsed Mitt Romney (holy fuck, how I hate Mitt Romney...). Ever since Rand came out and endorsed Romney, it seems to me like Ron Paul is hiding under a rock and has lost all the momentum he was carrying up until that point.

What do you think is going on behind the scenes with Ron Paul?

I think his family's life has been threatened, and they are now being forced to "play ball" or suffer a fate like JFK's.

I feel the need to apologize for labeling him a sellout, but if his life really is threatened I just wish he'd come out and say it, rather than play ball with the system.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Jacob, the reason he's not so much in th epublic eye is that he isn't campaigning for candidacy now. You saw and heard more about him before because he was campaigning. I haven't heard that he's in seclusion. He's just retired from Congress. I doubt he's being threatened. Don't worry.

If that's true than I guess all my negative energy on this subject is directed at Rand Paul who would rather endorse his father's competition (Mitt Romney) than his own father just so he can secure his place within government. I could care less about the freedom Rand Paul stands for if he's willing to throw his own father under the bus and give no straight forward explanation about it.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Rand looks like a hobbit. He's just a politician, nothing more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Rand looks like a hobbit. He's just a politician, nothing more or less.
    I'm not convinced this is true.

Rand has done some things I'm not thrilled with, but the problem is the kind of ignorant sheep he has to pander to. In a screwed up country you've got to start somewhere.

Is Rand my ideal? No. Would I prefer Ron? Yep. Would it be great if we could just elect Rothbard's ghost? Of course.

That's not reality though. The reality is that we live in a nation of sheep.

I really hope Rand Paul has some idea, some line in the sand, of where he will decide that compromising any-more in order to win is not worth it. I have a line in the sand that I won't pass, and if Rand passes it, I won't vote for him. So far, he hasn't yet.

Personally, doing what he's doing isn't really my style either. I hate government, and I say so, openly. But I understand that's no way to get elected.

Jacob, the explanation is obvious. Romney was going to be the candidate, and Rand didn't want to be accused of not being a "team player." I don't really like that, but that's what it is.