Thread: Argent 47 checking in

Hybrid View

Argent 47 checking in

Hello folks.

I've been reading this site for a few years off and on. I was once even registered, but no longer remember my name or email account that I used (probably a throw away). I always remember to stop by this site since LRC links eric's posts from time to time, then I end up spending time reading all the archives and multiple hours trying to read all the comments. The forums look like they've changed quite a bit, but still not used much.

I always enjoy coming back to this site since its regulars are always on and always commenting and sometimes having decent conversations (and of course clever exchanges with various clovers, including the original clover).

Bit about me: Market Anarchist. Took mostly the economic road to get there, much of it gained through lots of reading and 'a priori' logic.

Part of the road included running into writings from Hayek, Hazlitt, Mises, Hoppe, Rothbard, Jeffery Tucker etc. Ran into Ron Paul folks around '07, tried to help his '08 campaign, that helped with me finally taking some of the political steps and ideas, which led me to meet a lot of RKBA types in Arizona, which ran me into Boston from FSW, and then some folks in FSP, and quite a few other folks that a starting their own smaller communities in varies locations. Also ran into a lot of hard core anarchist types (many flavors e.g. voluntaryists, agorists, crypto-anarchists, and some flavors I like to debate with but share much less in common with), so it all finally just clicked for me.

But as far as community online, there isn't a whole lot out there that is active, or friendly, and some are just too specific (or too hard-headed). So I like coming back to here.

Cars. I don't know a whole hell of a lot about them. I know they aren't what I remembered growing up. They look more complicated than they ought to be. They got a bunch of extra shit I don't like or don't need. Cost way too damn much, but made of plastic or some other crap. Everything breaks too easy, and too much electronics. Most of this, I know why and can explain it from my vantage point, so I have my pieces to add to the conversation there, but for my purposes, I do a lot more listening.

I currently own a 2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 4x4 pick-up and a 2013 Dodge Charger 5.7L V8.

I've driven over a good portion of the country, grew up in Los Angeles area, mostly Ventura County through for those that know the area.

Currently live in Texas. Lived 6 years in Germany, so I know the Autobahn. I've driven in France and Italy. I've seen driving in Eastern Europe. I've lived in Northern Virginia for 3 years and worked in DC, so I know the traffic there a bit (and some of the short cuts, that I think most already know as well). Why am I saying this, because I know what driving could look like, and I know what it looks like when there are no lines and no signs, and what it looks like when there are lines and signs but no one gives a shit.

Anyway, hello all. Looking forward to the conversations.

Hi. I just got here too

Greetings, and well met, both of you.
    Fairly new here myself. I came here for the tech, stuck around for the excellent people in the community.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Glad y'all are here. This forum is much easier for me to handle than the main page comments section. I hope more people will start to participate here. I do enjoy discussions and this format is much more like what I've been used to in my 19 or so years online. The old BBS style forum is much more accessible to me than the nested commentary under articles, which has become the norm on blogs.

Anyway, Hey, y'all. Let's get to it.

Ed..

Hello to everyone in this thread.

"We" need to convince all the other regulars from the main page to sign up over on these forums, the forums are "suhweeet".

Welcome everyone! Believe it or not this site use to be based almost entirely on forum software. We started using Wordpress and nobody ever wanted to use the forum anymore. It's been so long since I spent any real time on the forum that there are a few issues I need to address. I'm sorting thru them now.

Glad ya'll are using this spot. I like it here better.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Dom, thanks for the work you do to make this possible.

It's my pleasure!

Last edited by Ken; 11-28-2013 at 03:50 PM.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.