Thread: How to spot government shills

Hybrid View

How to spot government shills

I apologize if I'm starting this thread in the wrong forum, feel free to move it, if necessary.

I have only been "awake" online for a couple of years but I have seen a ton of youtube accounts and other internet accounts that are set up solely to disrupt discussions of freedom (anti-government) related topics.

How to spot government shills:

If you see anyone advocating illegal activity, they are either one of three things:
    1. A fucking idiot
    2. A mentally disabled person (see number 1)
    3. A government employee (shill)

From my experience, the government shills usually expose themselves very quickly by saying things like "if you really believe in freedom, why aren't you out there shooting politicians?" or "hey, I really like what you're saying, let's be friends and discuss this via private messaging" where they will nudge you to post something incriminating. I have also seen on this website someone under the name of (I'll just call him by his acronym) HJ, demanding that other people here type out that they, like apparently him, do not pay taxes.

How to call out government shills:

From my experience, government shills never use their real names in their postings. Back when I had a Facebook account I "friended" a government shill. This dipshit was using someone else's pictures as "him" while he pretended to be anti-government. I called him out on it by asking him to post up a video simply saying "My name is ____ and this is really me in these pictures on my Facebook profile". Not only did the dipshit not do what I asked, he ignored me all together.

With the way technology has progressed, anyone with a "smart" phone or a friend with these phones can easily post up a 30 second or less video to a youtube account at the drop of a hat. Anyone not willing to do so, while demanding you incriminate yourself by posting some illegal shit, is a government shill.

I'm not saying that everyone should post their real pictures or even use their real names, what I am saying is that anyone who tries to get you to post something incriminating is either a retard or a government shill. If they're just a retard then they should happily post up a video explanation of their demands... if they're a government shill they will attempt to hide behind anonymity and come back under a different user name.

Please feel free to post up your own viewpoints or experiences with government shills. Oh, and fuck the government, and their shills.

On youtube I see a lot of videos saying shit like "Alex Jones debunked" or "Larken Rose exposed" but the common theme of these videos is that the uploader does not have a single video where they themselves are in front of the camera. Some accounts are more obvious than others, but the more creative ones I have seen have many dozens (if not hundreds) of uploaded videos but they are all videos that could be created by anyone/anything... which to me screams "government".

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    On youtube I see a lot of videos saying shit like "Alex Jones debunked" or "Larken Rose exposed"
    I find Alex to be a bit of a sensationalist; not everything has an evil conspiracy behind it, but I suspect Alex also makes a pretty decent living doing what he does. In that way, he's kinda like Rush, he's got a successful formula that gets him enough of an audience to generate ad revenue and he caters to what that audience wants to see/hear/read.

Larken is a different animal all together. He seems to have zero commercial motivation. I expect he's got flaws as a person that could be "exposed", but his philosophy is entirely sound. It's not all that original, but he presents it clearly and ties it together elegantly. He pushed me over the edge; I used to waver between minarchist/libertarian and voluntaryist/anarcho-capitalist but now I'm firmly in the latter camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I find Alex to be a bit of a sensationalist
    I agree with this and everything else you said in that post. I'll add this: I have gone back and forth several times with loving and then hating and then loving again that which is Alex Jones. I've settled on the fact that he's just some opinionated dude who is out to make a living with his opinions. I happen to agree with most of his opinions, but his show has way too many commercials and bullshit products, but I think he's getting better. That's my 2 cents anyways.

Ed brought up a good point, not all shills are easy to spot. And it pisses me off that "we" can't have honest communications on the internet but thanks to snitch little bitches (shills) you never know who exactly you're communicating with on the internet.

Here's an example, from youtube, that I just came across of an account that is a government shill's:

Billy Bobs

1 week ago

it makes me laugh how americans claim they need a high powerd rifle to defend themselves from tyranny,what are you guys gonna do?fight it out with the cops?aswell as the army?are you gonna shoot your elected leaders?i dont think so,its all talk this tyranny b.s,you have these guns to make yourselves feel big,pussies.lol

Now this particular comment has over 20 replies from other idiots attempting to defend their point of view without incriminating themselves. What should simply be pointed out with "Billy Bobs" post is that the only thing he is trying to do, is get people to say incriminating things. People like "Billy Bobs" should be ignored and banned, unless you have a really funny, smartass (non-incriminating) thing to say to them.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Here's an example, from youtube, that I just came across of an account that is a government shill's:

Billy Bobs

1 week ago

it makes me laugh how americans claim they need a high powerd rifle to defend themselves from tyranny,what are you guys gonna do?fight it out with the cops?aswell as the army?are you gonna shoot your elected leaders?i dont think so,its all talk this tyranny b.s,you have these guns to make yourselves feel big,pussies.lol

Now this particular comment has over 20 replies from other idiots attempting to defend their point of view without incriminating themselves. What should simply be pointed out with "Billy Bobs" post is that the only thing he is trying to do, is get people to say incriminating things. People like "Billy Bobs" should be ignored and banned, unless you have a really funny, smartass (non-incriminating) thing to say to them.
    I usually ignore them, or "feed" them some profane invective. The exact opposite of what to do with such assholes is to try to engage them with rhetoric, attempting to convert them with logic. It's a big mistake to keep them as pets and to use their bullshit as a way of trying to convert readers by wasting thousands of words refuting their retarded statements. The way I see it, if a reader is such a dimbulb as to agree with the troll, what's the advantage in getting him to change his mind? The dimbulb will just change his mind back the next time the pet troll posts another little turdlet of opinion.

Yep, the shills usually out themselves in their initial post to a site. I remember an article I read a few years ago and linked to a couple of blogs that allowed discussion of the articles posted. it was written by someone who had been hired as a shill and paid to post replies on blogs and news sites. NGOs also have paid shills as do corporate "news" outlets. They aren't always easy to spot.

The exact opposite of what to do with such assholes is to try to engage them with rhetoric, attempting to convert them with logic. It's a big mistake to keep them as pets and to use their bullshit as a way of trying to convert readers by wasting thousands of words refuting their retarded statements.
    Quotable. Page hits for sock puppets, or honey traps, etc. I'm being polite here. Many seem to need little incentive to boast on the web, given...
    Well let me tell you another story:
    2nd year at University in the dorms, spring quarter finals week, the dining hall is open late with coffee & donuts, etc. The dorm is kinda loud & rowdy with people who are done but haven't left yet, while some us have finals left. Thursday night, an engineering student friend of mine comes out to the lounge, waits a bit, then loudly proposes a FOOD FIGHT in the dining hall!!!!
    Hell Yeah, the crowd surges for the exit & sets off on the warpath. A moment after they leave, my friend comes back in, wiping his hands, grinning, "Now maybe we can study."
    They did it though, went into the dining hall, grabbed ammo and flipped a few tables for cover, and it was on - lol - sounded epic, I didn't see it. The next day they were all cleaning up the mess, while we were taking our tests.
    I learned a valuable lesson that night, and it still makes me laugh.
    And watch for people giving the call to arms.

"And watch for people giving the call to arms."

True, that. I also tune out when somebody refers to "we the people". Such as "we the people need to ______________. " Fill in the blank with whatever call to arms the shill/dimwit is making. They love that phrase. "The fedrul guvmint is cornholing wethepeople yet again. Let's just rise up and __________. That'll knock their little scheme into a cocked hat."

Oh yeah. Wethefugginpeople should definitley..uh.........do something.