Thread: Checking In

Checking In

Thanks for making my registration painless and trouble-free, Dom!

I am a (cough cough) year old female, currently living in Michigan. Born a Buckeye, schooled in Florida, cruised through Texas, Indiana and Illinois before landing here. Pragmatic libertarian - meaning that I'd be willing to settle for an incremental freedom agenda. Like, I'd support a candidate who supported reduced emission standards even though I'd personally prefer to abolish the EPA.

My husband and I are currently debt free, and determined to say that way. Which means we're looking to buy a cheap used car, which means I might need advice, which means I finally got around to registering here, even though the blog's been on my RSS for a couple of years now.

So, my first question for you is: Hey. how's it going?

Hello. Good to see more freedom lovers joining the forum.

Congratulations on being debt free, I hope to be there myself within the next two years. The only debt I have other than "normal" bills is my mortgage payment, banks can go screw themselves...

We made the final leap about a year ago. When we moved to Michigan, we were living the dream. Bought a house on what's called a land-contract here. Basically it means the owner hold the note for a year or 3, while you make payments to him. At the end of the contract, the balance is due. Most people then go to get a traditional mortgage.

We saved up for the down payment, but then hubby lost his job, and so couldn't qualify for a mortgage. So we took pretty much all the money we had saved and bought a foreclosure for cash. Best move we ever made. But at this point we are still trying to replenish the savings and retirement accounts...so CAR is the next obstacle we're trying to overcome.

I'm going to sell my house soon. I've got a paid off motorcycle as my means of transportation but I'll be buying some sort of truck after I get rid of the house. I might just say fuck it and stay in my house in the city a little while longer so I can keep my high paying job. Thanks to the banks manipulating the housing market I should hopefully walk away with enough cash to pay off some fixer-upper outside of town. If "they" crash the market before then I'll at least walk away with my paid off bike, guns, precious metals, and stockpiled food. Good times, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC View Post
    Thanks for making my registration painless and trouble-free, Dom!

So, my first question for you is: Hey. how's it going?
    Pretty good. Welcome to the site! Apologies about having to hold hands for registration here, but Ken and I can't keep up with all the spammers that bomb this place.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.