Thread: Have you ever hated one of your cars? (Situation Suggestions)

Have you ever hated one of your cars? (Situation Suggestions)

EDIT: The subaru is no longer for sale, disregard that.

My situation:

My car is a 99 Accord Sedan EX 4 cylinder 115k miles.

Bought in Oct of 2011.
    Wanted it gone since Nov of 2011.

This year: Put new exhaust on it -~600$
    Went back to the place 3 times because of various problems with their work. They finally say my catalytic converter is going to go, another 600$ (quoted). I don't necessarily believe them, they probably just don't want to see me again, but it got me thinking about the future of my relationship with this car.

I don't want it anymore. I'm tired of its slowness, loudness, and 18mpg. It also let me down for the first time this winter. I needed to be towed out of a bush.

I was going to wait another 1.5 years until I was done with school to get another car, but have you ever hated your car before..? I grow frustrated with the wait.

I spent the weekend looking online for a subaru legacy/outback or a jeep liberty that I could afford and had 4wd.

Found a 2000 subaru outback sedan. Black leather/heated seats, sunroof, very nice vehicle. 2 owner. $5000 with 116k.

Should I go for it? Should I wait? What would you do? Have you ever hated a car before? What did you do? How long did you wait to get rid of it? I anticipate stories/advice.
    Last edited by Brandonjin; 03-04-2014 at 10:41 PM.