Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Conditioning

Quick suggestion, Don. Whip the rad out and, if you cannot see where the leak is from, get a shop to pressure test it. At least then you will know whether or not it is the rad and you will know how many rows your rad has.
    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Auburn, CA & Reno, NV & Cold Springs Valley, NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Quick suggestion, Don. Whip the rad out and, if you cannot see where the leak is from, get a shop to pressure test it. At least then you will know whether or not it is the rad and you will know how many rows your rad has.
    Ken.
    I've started the job already. I have it at my other home here in Reno (15 miles north of here) where I have more room to work on it. I started late with a hot engine so I have a little ways to go to remove the radiator. If I get up there tomorrow, I should be able to get the radiator out. Regardless if I find a leak or not, it will get a new radiator. I think this one has been in there since 1997!

-Don- Reno, NV

Auburn, CA & Reno, NV & Cold Springs Valley, NV
    I completed the job at my other Reno home. It did have evidence of leaking near the center bottom half of the radiator on the front side that faces the A/C condenser, where I cannot see it while mounted in the vehicle.

They had a new Jeep radiator in stock at the local auto parts store (O' Reiley's Auto Parts) where I also get a 10% discount for once serving in the military. The radiator removed and purchased was a single core. It only cost about $105.00.

I drove the Jeep 15 miles with the A/C on to bring it back to this house. It didn't leak a drop.

The hoses and such were very easy to remove because they have only been on for about a year. Around a year ago, I replaced the water pump, thermostat, and heater hoses so this time, I only replaced the radiator and coolant and nothing else.

-Don- Reno, NV

Sighs of relief all round then, Don.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.