Thread: "I'm going by the word of God."

Auburn, CA & Reno, NV & Cold Springs Valley, NV

"I'm going by the word of God."

"You go by all the scientific stuff you want to. I'm going by the word of God."

See here. Be sure to listen to the U-tube!

-Don-

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom View Post
    "You go by all the scientific stuff you want to. I'm going by the word of God."
    That is so sad, Don. It just shows how religion can destroy relationships and families. It would not make any difference to me if my son was straight or gay - he would still be my son and he would still be just as loved. Does it really matter if one's sexual orientation is by choice or genetics anyway - surely it is the type of person one is that is most important?

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 08-30-2014 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Typo.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Auburn, CA & Reno, NV & Cold Springs Valley, NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    That is so sad, Don. It just shows how religion can destroy relationships and families. It would not make any difference to me if my son was straight or gay - he would still be my son and he would still be just as loved. Does it really matter if one's sexual orientation is by choice or genetics anyway - surely it is the type of person one is that is most important?

Ken.
    It proved to me what I always expected. That many of the religious do not believe in their own nonsense. Take for an example where she said ""I have known that you were gay since you were a tiny little boy."

And then bitches about the "choice" he made made recently. I bet she knew he was gay even before he did, based on what she said. But the problem really was that she could deny it until she heard it in real words for herself.

She reminds me of another religious person I once knew who told me "You tell me one thing, but God tells me the opposite. I wonder who I should believe, you or God. Let me think about that . . ."

BTW, I think it would have been great if it really were a choice. Even if it were, I still would be gay since Tom & I met, 40 years ago. But there was a time that I made a choice to be heterosexual but didn't get it. That settles the "choice" debate for me. When we are young kids, most of us have to feel like we're part of the majority and I was then no different in such ways. So then, who I was attracted to was the the biggest secret in my life. But things change and so now, I almost brag about it!

-Don- Reno, NV

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom View Post

She reminds me of another religious person I once knew who told me "You tell me one thing, but God tells me the opposite. I wonder who I should believe, you or God. Let me think about that . . ."

-Don- Reno, NV
    We are what we are and the only thing that matters is how we treat our fellows.

Hm. re the above extract from your post. If I went about here, saying that I had an invisible friend who is always there, talks to me, guides me, and tells me what I should do, I guess that I would be sectioned quite quickly. If however I say that I talk to 'God' an invisible friend .....etc. (re-read above sentence), nobody bats an eyelid, weird or what?

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.