Thread: RX-7 Prices Finally Rising

RX-7 Prices Finally Rising

81 Mazda RX-7.jpg

RX-7 values bottomed out a few years ago and are now beginning to rise. Who knows, maybe in a few years my 81 RX-7 (pictured above) will actually be worth the $5,000 I've invested in it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    81 Mazda RX-7.jpg

RX-7 values bottomed out a few years ago and are now beginning to rise. Who knows, maybe in a few years my 81 RX-7 (pictured above) will actually be worth the $5,000 I've invested in it so far.
    I just had a look on our UK Autotrader web-site and did a national search for RX7s. I was surprised to see only two cars listed. The first was a 1997 model with 35000 miles on the clock for 3895/$6235, the second was a 2004 registered car with 70000 miles on the odometer with an asking price of 10000/$16000.

Looks like your feelings could be correct, Marvc.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

I Hope So

Hi Ken. I hope so although I have no intention of ever selling - it's way too much fun to part with. My other investments have gone south, at least for the time being, so it wouldn't harm my shattered morale and diminished perspective on life one bit if this one does OK in the long run.

Imaginary Improvements

Imaginary 81 RX-7 Modifications.jpg

It's hard to find fault with the 81's timeless aerodynamic lines. After scratching my head for a while I came up with only three imaginary minor changes that might be beneficial. The first involves narrowing or sweeping in the nose approximately four inches and the other two are small modifications to the doors and rear side windows. I've attempted to illustrate the new "look" in the composite photo above.

Hm, I made a few mental changes, based on my perception of a good looking sports car. Then I found that all I had done was mentally designed a 2010 model - damn, back to the mental drawing board.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

It's just wonderful Ken if you like the look of a feeding whale shark. Sometimes less is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    It's just wonderful Ken if you like the look of a feeding whale shark. Sometimes less is better.
    That's true, Marc . I'm currently running a 2009 2.0L Mazda 3 TS2 all curves and angles - certainly not an ugly car, but I still prefer the simple functional lines of my old 1987 VW Scirocco Scala.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Almost everything made these days resembles a curvy blob to my eye. Not one of the countless shiny lumps that I've glimpsed while driving has held my attention for more than a few seconds nor sparked even the minimal amount of curiosity needed to investigate make, model, and year.