Thread: Moment of madness.

Moment of madness.

Today has been, for the UK, the perfect biking day. Blue skies, just a zephyr of wind, the roads salt free and dry. In its shed the Yamaha was waiting, eager for the first blast of the year, crash helmet and riding gear all cleaned and ready to go.

What did I do?

I looked at the state of the garden (yard) after the winter and, in a moment of utter madness, I went to the shed, got out the garden vac, hedge cutters, shears, secateurs, fork and spade and spent the whole afternoon, with help from Diane, turning the sorry mess into something approaching respectability.

And guess what - Despite the fact that I hate and detest gardening I actually got some satisfaction out of it. That and the knowledge that there should be more good riding days in the next couple of weeks made me feel quite self righteous.

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 03-10-2015 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Typo.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

This madness must be spreading! Last week I finished deadheading the Hydrangeas (should have done it last Autumn but it rained too much!), scarified the front lawn & sprayed it with moss killer.

Today, if it doesn't rain, I may just give the front lawn a light mowing.

I, too, hate gardening!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
    This madness must be spreading! Last week I finished deadheading the Hydrangeas (should have done it last Autumn but it rained too much!), scarified the front lawn & sprayed it with moss killer.

Today, if it doesn't rain, I may just give the front lawn a light mowing.

I, too, hate gardening!
    We have always left the dead heads on the Hydrangeas until the Spring frosts have gone. This provides good protection for the new buds which are easily killed off by frost. My wife will probably dead head ours in about three or four weeks time - at the moment it is still protected by a cover of garden fleece as we have had some vicious frosts this year and last year. Our gardener did the 'Spring' scarifying, cut back our big Curly Willow tree and took out some overcrowded ornamental firs a couple of weeks back so we are well ahead for Summer. Just some more pruning and tidying - especially the Pampas - to do. Pah! you can't beat covering it all in concrete and painting it green.

Ken.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.