Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The Devil's Snare

  1. #1

    The Devil's Snare

    Puritanism is alive and well in America. The idea that pleasure is the Devil's snare is so deeply ingrained in our psychology that it could be likened to a key piece of genetic code. Except for unapproved substance use, nothing captures the immediate attention of police more than unseemly touching/contact, especially if money is being exchanged between consenting adults. In this particular instance, no less than three police agencies were involved in the heroic eradication process. As the crow flies North branch is about twenty-five miles from me and just south of Rush City, home of wonderful Dennis Kirk. http://www.presspubs.com/kanabec/new...7d28ca01a.html

  2. #2
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Puritanism is alive and well in America. The idea that pleasure is the Devil's snare is so deeply ingrained in our psychology that it could be likened to a key piece of genetic code. Except for unapproved substance use, nothing captures the immediate attention of police more than unseemly touching/contact, especially if money is being exchanged between consenting adults. In this particular instance, no less than three police agencies were involved in the heroic eradication process. As the crow flies North branch is about twenty-five miles from me and just south of Rush City, home of wonderful Dennis Kirk. http://www.presspubs.com/kanabec/new...7d28ca01a.html
    It has always struck me as a little odd that a profession, considered honourable in more ancient times, that has lasted for thousands of years - and which to my mind can provide some social benefits - is so demeaned and persecuted.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  3. #3

    Couldn't Agree More

    I couldn't agree more. In many respects the ancients were far more advanced than we are. In the case above, it's almost laughable that a virtual legion of burly gun and badge wearing men (heroes) was assembled to march upon and vanquish the threat posed by a mere handful of peaceful sexy women. The community can sleep more easily now.

  4. #4
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I couldn't agree more. In many respects the ancients were far more advanced than we are. In the case above, it's almost laughable that a virtual legion of burly gun and badge wearing men (heroes) was assembled to march upon and vanquish the threat posed by a mere handful of peaceful sexy women. The community can sleep more easily now.
    I sincerely hope that they were all offered prolonged counselling, and leave on full pay, afterwards in case their brief touch with the realities of the 'pleasure' industry had corrupted their fragile minds - poor babies.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  5. #5
    I've read stories about vice undercover agents becoming habitual users, just to make sure that things are really as immoral as suspected, of course. Apparently, such "investigations" can sometimes take a while. It's all in the line of duty. Needless to say, generous taxpayers cover expenses - time after time after time...
    Last edited by Marc; 04-09-2015 at 04:52 PM.

  6. #6
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I've read stories about vice undercover agents becoming habitual users, just to make sure that things are really as immoral as suspected, of course. Apparently, such "investigations" can sometimes take a while. It's all in the line of duty. Needless to say, generous taxpayers cover expenses - time after time after time...
    This is quite understandable, Marc is it not?. In order for a successful prosecution there must be no shadow of doubt. 'Your Honor, the first thirty seven times I felt that there was still the possibility that this was a simple and excusable one (or thirty seven) off. However after the next s*x**l encounter - which exhausted our public funds for the month - I felt sure that this was a prosecutable situation.' 'Quite so Officer 'X' quite so.'

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  7. #7
    That sums things up Ken.
    Last edited by Marc; 04-17-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •