Thread: my Honda Helix

my Honda Helix

I have added an aftermarket XL trunk to my 1986 Honda Helix. Here are some pictures of the scooter with it. I have also ridden the most in one day today. Rode a total of 32 miles today. Got the scooter up to 67 mph today and was pushing towards the limit. I could have probably pulled 70 if I really wanted to push it to its most. Considering that its only a 250cc & the weight capacity of the scooter is 350 pounds and with my weight w/ proper riding gear on, the weight of the spare trunk and everything in the trunks, the weight would be close to 350 lbs so I consider the top speed quite good.

Last edited by bikerlbf406; 04-24-2015 at 01:23 AM.
    Tim, proud owner of 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2007 Honda CMX250C Rebel

Looking better, Tim, nice carrier - by the way I like the new avatar, much better than the old one.

Might I suggest taking the wheels out, cleaning them up and masking off before applying four or five light coats of some nice silver or stainless steel spray paint. That would improve the appearance again, by about 80%.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Thanks for the advice, however the latter years of the Helix used an aluminum alloy wheel, instead of steel, and they will fit the same, so I'm wanting to buy a pair of those. However I do plan to either get these wells looking better or new wheels.
    Tim, proud owner of 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2007 Honda CMX250C Rebel

Alloys would look good, Tim.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.