Thread: Dealing with telemarketers

Dealing with telemarketers

Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Hey, Grouch - you just started my day with a good laugh.

The guy who left his mike on - previous post - was good but this latest one is brilliant. I'm going to try that out on my next cold caller.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Hey, Grouch - you just started my day with a good laugh.

The guy who left his mike on - previous post - was good but this latest one is brilliant. I'm going to try that out on my next cold caller.

Ken.

Glad you enjoyed it. This forum seems so slow at times. I work a LOT so I don't get here often anymore. Years ago, I taped a bunch of the Police Squad episodes (it was the TV version of Naked Gun that inspired the movies). I may look around and see if I can put it on DVD.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. This forum seems so slow at times. I work a LOT so I don't get here often anymore. Years ago, I taped a bunch of the Police Squad episodes (it was the TV version of Naked Gun that inspired the movies). I may look around and see if I can put it on DVD.
    Luckily for me, much as I loved my work, it is now just a far distant memory. Seems hard to realize at times that I retired some twenty two years ago - if I carry on much longer I reckon my Pension Fund will be looking for a hit-man. I tend to switch my PC on in the morning when I get up and leave it on till I go to bed in the evening so I am able to check new threads and posts throughout the day, unless we go out. I'd like to re-enable new registrations but want to leave it a little longer before I switch them back on - I was spending at least a couple of hours a day just checking and clearing out spammers and trolls (For some reason neither Dom nor I were ever able to get the 'Human Verification' facility to work) and there were much better things to do with my time so I hit the 'Kill' button. Possibly one of the limitations of this type of forum is that it is not specialized, I find, for example that purely motorcycling forums, especially for one discipline only, i.e Adventure Biking, or a Harley Chapter website are much busier throughout the year than our little On Two Wheels forum.

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 05-18-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

I can retire in a little under 2 years thanks to Obamacare. We've had several guys retire when they found out how much it cuts insurance costs. The most recent guy to go out was going to pay $1400 per month for insurance but Obamacare supplements cut that to $400. That's why the insurance companies are working so hard, and giving so much money to Republicans, to kill it. It took huge profits and made them just good. To get my full pension I have to work until I'm 66 and 3 months. I can go out at 62 but will probably go until 65 when I can get Medicare. The thing about retirement is I've worked all my life and don't know what I'd do when I do retire.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I can retire in a little under 2 years thanks to Obamacare. We've had several guys retire when they found out how much it cuts insurance costs. The most recent guy to go out was going to pay $1400 per month for insurance but Obamacare supplements cut that to $400. That's why the insurance companies are working so hard, and giving so much money to Republicans, to kill it. It took huge profits and made them just good. To get my full pension I have to work until I'm 66 and 3 months. I can go out at 62 but will probably go until 65 when I can get Medicare. The thing about retirement is I've worked all my life and don't know what I'd do when I do retire.
    My guess is, like most of us long retired elders, you will find so many things to do you will wonder how you ever had time to go to work. Plus, there is the added enjoyment of waking up on a lovely sunny morning and thinking 'Where shall I go and what shall I do today?' - pure bliss.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.