Thread: Car Keys

Car Keys

I own a Toyota Camry and lately I've had problem with one set that came with it. It doesn't lock or open the door sometimes. Perhaps I need to replace the battery? Bought the used car 10, 11 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyMan View Post
    I own a Toyota Camry and lately I've had problem with one set that came with it. It doesn't lock or open the door sometimes. Perhaps I need to replace the battery? Bought the used car 10, 11 months ago.
    Your car is a 2009 model, Larry and it is quite likely that your second set of keys still has the original (or the second) battery in it. Changing the battery would be my first option - your Toyota dealer can do that for you. When I had my Carina my Toyota agent changed my batteries (both keys) after I'd had the car for five years at zero cost - a good customer service.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Changing the battery, I can do that myself. I did with one set when I first acquired the car. That one was completely dysfunctional except to start the engine. The manual shows "how to" do it. It takes a CR2016 btry. available at any pharmacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyMan View Post
    Changing the battery, I can do that myself. I did with one set when I first acquired the car. That one was completely dysfunctional except to start the engine. The manual shows "how to" do it. It takes a CR2016 btry. available at any pharmacy.
    It's worth a try, Larry. A new battery costs a lot less than a new key-fob, and it will last for several years.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.