Thread: Air Conditioner Tango Uniform

Hybrid View

Air Conditioner Tango Uniform

2007 Hyundai Sonata. Two weeks ago I took it in because the A/C just wasn't cooling properly. A necessity in 95+ heat here in Bama. I was pretty sure it just needed coolant as it had been a while since it had been serviced. They topped it off and put dye in it to check for leaks. Well, naturally, yesterday when the temps hit 100 and I had an hour's drive, it went out completely. I'll take it back on Wed (first day I can get it there), but I'll take ideas on what's gone. My guess is the compressor, but who knows. Thoughts?

duck

Quote Originally Posted by ducky1776 View Post
    2007 Hyundai Sonata. Two weeks ago I took it in because the A/C just wasn't cooling properly. A necessity in 95+ heat here in Bama. I was pretty sure it just needed coolant as it had been a while since it had been serviced. They topped it off and put dye in it to check for leaks. Well, naturally, yesterday when the temps hit 100 and I had an hour's drive, it went out completely. I'll take it back on Wed (first day I can get it there), but I'll take ideas on what's gone. My guess is the compressor, but who knows. Thoughts?

duck
    Quack, quack, Ducky.

If it is belt driven and the belt isn't slipping or broken my guess
    would be a dodgy compressor. Unless your compressor is
    electric that is in which case I would plump for the compressor
    straight away.

Or it could just be a leak of course.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

I tried to open the hood the other day but it was too darn hot to touch! Been very hot here and we're frying eggs on the pavement.

quackers

With the engine shut off and cool, reach in and grab the clutch assembly on the compressor. Not the pulley the belt goes around but the center part. If it will rotate by hand, the compressor isn't locked up. You may need a recharge of refrigerant.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

They recharged the refrigerant 2 weeks ago.