Thread: Trucking restrictions in Kalifornia.

Trucking restrictions in Kalifornia.

I have a feeling this is going to backfire on people in the state. We already have trouble getting carriers to take loads to California. https://www.overdriveonline.com/carb...rting-in-2020/
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I have a feeling this is going to backfire on people in the state. We already have trouble getting carriers to take loads to California. https://www.overdriveonline.com/carb...rting-in-2020/
    Seems a bit arbitrary to me. Surely the criteria should be how well - or badly - a
    vehicle does on an emissions and vehicle safety test. Age should have nothing to
    do with it.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Seems a bit arbitrary to me. Surely the criteria should be how well - or badly - a
    vehicle does on an emissions and vehicle safety test. Age should have nothing to
    do with it.

Ken.

When I drove a truck, I got within sight of, but never went into California. It wasn't as bad then as it is now but it wasn't any place this Hoosier wanted to be. Too many people all sticking their noses into everybody else's business. A lot of the laws are from Propositions so there isn't any legislative over sight. It's sort of like the original Greek experiment with Democracy. That only lasted about 100 years. I know California is the shape it is because of greed. There has been talk of the state breaking up into 2, possibly 3 new states. Folks in Northern California seem to resent all their taxes going to support southern parts of the state.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    When I drove a truck, I got within sight of, but never went into California. It wasn't as bad then as it is now but it wasn't any place this Hoosier wanted to be. Too many people all sticking their noses into everybody else's business. A lot of the laws are from Propositions so there isn't any legislative over sight. It's sort of like the original Greek experiment with Democracy. That only lasted about 100 years. I know California is the shape it is because of greed. There has been talk of the state breaking up into 2, possibly 3 new states. Folks in Northern California seem to resent all their taxes going to support southern parts of the state.
    Hoosier?, Indiana guy, Grouch?

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 06-20-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Hoosier?, Indiana guy, Grouch?

Ken.

Yep, in the S.W. corner where REAL Hoosiers live. About 100 miles north we call them Hoosiers by courtesy.
    Honk if you love Jesus.